PDA

View Full Version : beware the may Loaiza


oldcomiskey
04-27-2003, 08:52 PM
I hope stevie as hawk calls him can be this good in may---maybe hes like roberto hernandez---one bad month---anyway heres to another fine game stevie

MHOUSE
04-27-2003, 10:37 PM
Don't jinx him, just hope for the best guys! :smile: Go Esteban.

GASHWOUND
04-27-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
I hope stevie as hawk calls him can be this good in may---maybe hes like roberto hernandez---one bad month---anyway heres to another fine game stevie

Right now he's pitching out of his mind, so if he pitches even .500 or has an ERA in the mid to high 3's its gonna look like he's gettin hit around. 5-0 with a 1.25 ERA??Damn, that's to good..


Yousrs, Boston bullpen just blew another one..I guess Koch moonlights as a Redsox pitcher too.. :D:

mike squires
04-27-2003, 10:53 PM
This guy has given us more than we ever imagined!!! Even if he is just average the rest of the way...it's time for Mark and Bartolo to carry this team for awhile.

MHOUSE
04-27-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
This guy has given us more than we ever imagined!!! Even is he is just average the rest of the way...it's time for Mark and Bartolo to carry this team for awhile.

I would be happy if Loaiza were 10-10 from here on out, but I'll take 20-0 as well!

TheBigHurt
04-28-2003, 12:01 AM
I'M to giddy and joyful to beware :gulp: !!!!!!!! :) ......I don't think he will ever struggle...AND yes im aware of his pasts April's

BE GOOD

StepsInSC
04-28-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Right now he's pitching out of his mind, so if he pitches even .500 or has an ERA in the mid to high 3's its gonna look like he's gettin hit around. 5-0 with a 1.25 ERA??Damn, that's to good..



Yup. Career 4.80 ERAers don't get this good consistently, I fear the worst.

guillen4life13
04-28-2003, 07:55 AM
But if he changes his whole approach to pitching, which is what everyone says has been the difference, I have no doubt that he can go for 20 this year. He has great stuff, and now he's finally mixing it up, so he automatically becomes harder to hit.

Rocklive99
04-28-2003, 06:48 PM
I'm a little worried because his next start is in May (probably just superstitious) and I think he's scheduled against the Mariners

oldcomiskey
04-28-2003, 07:07 PM
there was something buck martinez touched upon in baltimore---hes 100 per cent healty for the first tine in years too

Ol Aches & Pains
04-28-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
Yup. Career 4.80 ERAers don't get this good consistently, I fear the worst.

Hey, Sandy Koufax was pretty mediocre for the first six years with the Dodgers until he made one minor adjustment, and all of a sudden he was unhittable. I hope for the best.