PDA

View Full Version : Who took over for Manuel?

Thunderstruck30
04-27-2003, 06:07 PM
Who took over after Manuel got tossed? Whoever it was did a good job and made a great decision leaving in Marte for the 9th. Do you think Manuel would have brought in Koch?

TornLabrum
04-27-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
Who took over after Manuel got tossed? Whoever it was did a good job and made a great decision leaving in Marte for the 9th. Do you think Manuel would have brought in Koch?

What usually happens in those situations is the bench coach (Joe Nossek) is the acting manager. However, most of the time what happens is that the manager is out of sight and still calling the shots.

gdcobb
04-27-2003, 07:05 PM
Yes, he did do a good job. I was at the game and he was in the field of view of my binoculars when I was watching the at bat and I saw him gesturing urgently at Carlos Lee to move more toward center. Great call because that was the catch Carlos Lee barely made. If he had not moved toward center he misses that ball and it goes to the wall. I doubt Manuel made that one from the tunnel.

kevingrt
04-27-2003, 07:15 PM
I'm almost positive Nossek took over as TomLabrum said.

doublem23
04-27-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
However, most of the time what happens is that the manager is out of sight and still calling the shots.

Unless you're of the Bobby Valentine school of thought in which case, you cleverly disguise yourself and come back into the dugout.

TheBigHurt
04-27-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Unless you're of the Bobby Valentine school of thought in which case, you cleverly disguise yourself and come back into the dugout.
LOL......I was at that game :)

Tragg
04-27-2003, 08:00 PM
I would assume Nossek.
I remember last year when Manuel got tossed, Nossek took over and immediately pinch hit for Royce Clayton, something Manuel would never do.

thecell
04-27-2003, 08:30 PM
Nossek is a helluva bench coach...he's always stealing the other teams signs. What a great guy to have on your side.

Jjav829
04-28-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

LOL, could you just imagine Manuel coming out a few minutes later with one of those fake nose/glasses things on his face trying to pretend like hes someone else!

http://www.dixiesgifts.com/groucho.jpg

That would be hilarious!

GASHWOUND
04-28-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30

They should have let the players coach the game, Pauly could have passed on signs, Buehrle could have made the pitching changes..I wonder how a team would do if there was no manager or bench coaches
:manos
Sorry Tony, I'm starting this one

:graff
F You!, Oh, there goes another ball into the stands!

:rowand
Can I start guys?? I promise to hit the ball out of the infield

:mckay
Sorry, I'm getting the start sucker!!!

:rowand
Wait, you're not even in baseball anymore!!

:hurt
Well, at least I know I'll be starting :whiner:

:walnuts
that's what you think..