PDA

View Full Version : 3 hits?

gosox3072
04-27-2003, 04:39 PM
I hate to sound negitive after a big win but we only had 3 hits, thats TERRIBLE!!!!, especially facing a duech such as rick reed.

Well at least we did the little things to let us win

GASHWOUND
04-27-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by gosox3072
I hate to sound negitive after a big win but we only had 3 hits, thats TERRIBLE!!!!, especially facing a duech such as rick reed.

Well at least we did the little things to let us win

This offense is still not clicking on all cylinders..Is that a good thing??Meaning we're 14-11 and still not hitting all that well, or is this just gonna be how our team is..middle of the pack offensively..even though we have been near the top offensively the last few years, so we have history on our side that eventually we are gonna hit..Who knows, this whole season has been screwy

baggio202
04-27-2003, 05:08 PM
im okay with today because when the situations presented themselves we took advantage...daubach and lee o nthe double steal...dauhbach making a productive out on a ground ball to 2nd to advance a runner to 3rd and lee with a line drive single past a drawn in infield...not to forgot MANOS' 1st inning bomb...

i like this win because this is the kind of games that sox have to learn to win.,.this is playoff baseball...getting very few opportunities because you are facing a very good team that usually has excellent pitching..when you get those opportunities you have to do the things it takes to win....this is my knd of baseball..i was really happy with today's game..

pitching and defense were very good today..kudo's to lee on that catch in LF...might be the farthest ive ever seen him track a ball in the gap...this is the first real improvement ive seen from lee defensively...

all in all..ill take a bunch of 3-1 wins from this team...so we dont lead the league the hitting..as long as we can lead it in wins

voodoochile
04-27-2003, 05:14 PM
It was a huge plate today. Up down, in out. It didn't matter. The ump looked like he was in a hurry to get out of town. That is tough on a team as patient as the Sox are. Guys were getting run up left and right. Heck, even the third base ump was calling every checked swing.

Paulwny
04-27-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
It was a huge plate today. Up down, in out. It didn't matter. The ump looked like he was in a hurry to get out of town. That is tough on a team as patient as the Sox are. Guys were getting run up left and right. Heck, even the third base ump was calling every checked swing.

Only 2 mlb games tomorrow, the umps were in a hurry to catch early flights to be home with their families on an off day.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-27-2003, 05:20 PM
God, how I LOVVVVVVVVVE winning baseball games with just 3 hits!

When baseball starts awarding style points, I'll start giving a damn about how good we look. In the meantime...

Just Win, Baby!

One drink for each hit:

:gulp:

duke of dorwood
04-27-2003, 05:22 PM
We are starting to play some teams we better hit against

jeremyb1
04-27-2003, 06:06 PM
watching the game, i thought reed was throwing pretty well today. some of it was luck to. we crushed two line drives that were right at their fielders. we hit the ball harder than the box score indicates.

SoxxoS
04-27-2003, 06:56 PM
No matter what our record is, I have got to believe that Gary ward is going to be on the hot seat unless we start hitting.