PDA

View Full Version : Frank Thomas...

RKMeibalane
04-27-2003, 02:34 PM
...is pissing me off agan. I can't remember the last time he did anything productive.

doublem23
04-27-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
...is pissing me off agan. I can't remember the last time he did anything productive.

What team are you watching?

He's got the 2nd highest OPS of the regulars, he's doing just fine.

lowesox
04-27-2003, 02:54 PM

He hit a pretty big homerun for us last night.

CHISOXFAN13
04-27-2003, 02:59 PM
You are joking right?

gosox3072
04-27-2003, 03:17 PM
Just wondering but are u watching this years sox or reruns of last year??? Frank has been a BIG part of our team this year

Also he signed an autograph for me for the first time in my life :smile:

RKMeibalane
04-27-2003, 03:56 PM
The whole thing is one big joke, guys. A few of us have started a game in which we say negative things about Frank in order to get him to do something good. It worked the last two nights, with him hitting homeruns. It didn't work today, but the game will continue as long as he's successful.

If I haven't made myself clear, I'm extremely pleased with Frank's performance this season. If you don't believe me, check the archive of my posts. I've defended Frank countless times over the past year. Ask voodoo.

voodoochile
04-27-2003, 04:19 PM
The whole thing is one big joke, guys. A few of us have started a game in which we say negative things about Frank in order to get him to do something good. It worked the last two nights, with him hitting homeruns. It didn't work today, but the game will continue as long as he's successful.

If I haven't made myself clear, I'm extremely pleased with Frank's performance this season. If you don't believe me, check the archive of my posts. I've defended Frank countless times over the past year. Ask voodoo.

I'll vouch for him. Maybe try a different subject next time so guys will understand you are just trying to rile the big guy up...

TheBigHurt
04-27-2003, 04:57 PM
WELL to say the least hes doing much better then PK :)

BE GOOD

RKMeibalane
04-27-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I'll vouch for him. Maybe try a different subject next time so guys will understand you are just trying to rile the big guy up...

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

RKMeibalane
04-27-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt

BE GOOD

Frank is doing much better than several players. He has met the homerun goal I set for this month. I wanted to see him hit five homeruns this first month, and he has done so. Now, let's see if he can add to his total before May 1.

bc2k
04-27-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt

BE GOOD

I didn't know Paul Konerko was the barometer for two-time MVP winners.

doublem23
04-27-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
I didn't know Paul Konerko was the barometer for two-time MVP winners.

Not when he's hitting .213/.289/.338 he's not.

RKMeibalane
04-28-2003, 11:44 AM
The only berometer for Frank's success should be a combination of his individual success and the overall success of the Chicago White Sox. Frank has picked it up over the last week. He had a good series against the Twins. The Sox won two of three games against Minnesota. Frank usually hits well against Oakland. I'm hoping he takes Zito deep like he did last year (May 5).

czalgosz
04-28-2003, 12:40 PM
When pitchers stop throwing at Thomas and start throwing to him, he hits. Until then, I'll take his .431 OBP any day of the week.