PDA

View Full Version : Garland and Rios get respect.

ShoelessFred
04-27-2003, 12:32 AM
well jon, i still think that you are not aggressive and are sometimes a punk. but let me make this clear my man. YOU HAVE EARNED MY RESPECT! you did what needed to be done. you did something(i'm sure on your own) THAT JERRY MANUEL WOULD NOT HAVE THE BALLS TO DO! and when you got tossed, jerry showed just what type of manager he is. he stood there with his hands in his jacket. he should have gone ape ***** and made sure he got tossed as well. he left you out to dry. but i'm sure the rest of the guys in the clubhouse have your back. they know they can trust you and you have their back.

well armando, you should be the everyday centerfielder. you have proven yourself and jerry just jerks you around. i didn't like the pickup in the spring but you have proven me wrong. and you got yourself tossed tonight for standing up for your teammates. very admirable. if only the manager had the heart and passion you have.

MHOUSE
04-27-2003, 12:35 AM
I was pissed the Jerry didn't go anything. That was crap that Jon got tossed with no warning. I think that the team (Rios' example) has Jons back and the fans did too. Obviously Jerry is losing what little control he had of the team.

Nellie_Fox
04-27-2003, 01:34 AM
It would be interesting to know if Manuel told Garland to drill a batter if they got a two out, nobody on situation, or if Garland did it on his own.

jeremyb1
04-27-2003, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
I was pissed the Jerry didn't go anything. That was crap that Jon got tossed with no warning. I think that the team (Rios' example) has Jons back and the fans did too. Obviously Jerry is losing what little control he had of the team.

they'd been warned before the game. garland clearly threw at dougie. what's manuel supposed to do? maybe lohse should've been punished more but with the guidlines that'd been set forth, it was definately within the umpire's jurisdiction to do what he did. garland had thrown 90 pitches. he most likely wasn't going to start the 7th regardless. can't anything ever happen with this club that can't be considered manuel's fault?

voodoochile
04-27-2003, 09:58 AM
If truly a warning was issued before the game, why wasn't Manuel tossed also? In fact initially I thought Froemming tossed them both. I was in the UD right behind home and Froemming clearly tossed Garland and then immediately turned to the dugout and made another "out" signal. We were losing it in the stands because none of us thought any warning had been given.

I don't know what happened, but the umps huddled for a while before everything settled. I don't know what they were talking about. It was a very strange situation. I've never seen anything like it in all the time I've been watching baseball.

lowesox
04-27-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
If truly a warning was issued before the game, why wasn't Manuel tossed also? In fact initially I thought Froemming tossed them both. I was in the UD right behind home and Froemming clearly tossed Garland and then immediately turned to the dugout and made another "out" signal. We were losing it in the stands because none of us thought any warning had been given.

I don't know what happened, but the umps huddled for a while before everything settled. I don't know what they were talking about. It was a very strange situation. I've never seen anything like it in all the time I've been watching baseball.

Initially, I was pissed that Garland got tossed. But now I think its a good thing. He had a good start, but what if he had stayed in and given up a homer on the next ball? Besides, Flash had his best game in a White Sox uniform and for some reason getting thrown out makes what Garland did seem even better.

What happened yesterday is the kind of thing that can turn things around for a team.