PDA

View Full Version : Manuel needs to wake up

Thunderstruck30
04-27-2003, 12:26 AM
Jerry Manuel needs to get pumped up for these games. His job is on the line if the Sox dont do well this season. In the game against Baltimore, Crede obviously hit a home run that was called foul and Jerry did practically nothing. And then in todays game, Garland gets tossed when the umps never issued a warning to the teams, and again he did practically nothing. He needs to stick up for his players and get in the umpires faces. We all know he is capable of getting really ticked and going off on the umps. It inspires the team and also the fans really love it. Maybe a few Manuel ejections will help the Sox.

MHOUSE
04-27-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
Jerry Manuel needs to get pumped up for these games. His job is on the line if the Sox dont do well this season. In the game against Baltimore, Crede obviously hit a home run that was called foul and Jerry did practically nothing. And then in todays game, Garland gets tossed when the umps never issued a warning to the teams, and again he did practically nothing. He needs to stick up for his players and get in the umpires faces. We all know he is capable of getting really ticked and going off on the umps. It inspires the team and also the fans really love it. Maybe a few Manuel ejections will help the Sox.

I agree. I would have flipped when Jon got tossed without any warnings. Obviously it was on purpose, but still Maggs all ready got plunked and nobody was warned. That ump was a dick. Hawk and DJ were really letting him have it.

ShoelessFred
04-27-2003, 01:22 AM
jerry stood there with his hands in his pockets...literally!!!!! it's just horrible. he should have gone ape *****. i didn't think it was possible but i have lost even MORE respect for this man. ALSO i have gained alot of respect for jon garland for hitting meintkaerareaerardsdfich. THAT is being a member of a team. he defended his players and US as sox fans!!! i still think you need alot of work as a pitcher jon, but you have my respect.