PDA

View Full Version : Props To Flash


kevingrt
04-26-2003, 10:18 PM
Finally he does well! Hopefully he can keep this up and get Damaso and BK to follow. 2+IP and no runs is exactly what we want, plus some K's. Very nice job Flash!

TheBigHurt
04-26-2003, 11:15 PM
:whiner: :whiner: ........IN joy

baggio202
04-26-2003, 11:21 PM
flash threw the ball real well in balt...he just made one mistake and like what has been hapopening all year..instead of getting lucky and having a guy miss it mathews hit it out of the park..

but he was reaching 96 on the balt gun and id say thats accurate because he k the guy before mathews and that guy didnt stand a chance...flash blew him away on fastballs..

imo , flash has thrown the ball real well the last 2 times out..he has gone more with the fastball and put the curve on hold..good move.. his fastball is good enough to be his number 1 pitch

MHOUSE
04-27-2003, 12:26 AM
Flash pitched great tonight. I thought he would fold after allowing the hit and having 1st and 3rd but he pitched out of it and then cruised. I hope this is the beginning of him pitching well from here on out. Go Flash!

hose
04-27-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Finally he does well! Hopefully he can keep this up and get Damaso and BK to follow. 2+IP and no runs is exactly what we want, plus some K's. Very nice job Flash!


I was at the game so I was at a loss to why Garland was tossed.

Honestly I thought the game's momentum was turning to Minnesota when Gordan came in and gave up the single.

WOW what a performance by Gordan.

MikeKreevich
04-27-2003, 07:33 AM
I got a kick out of watching Tom Gordon last night. You could see how jacked he was after retiring the side in his first inning of work. Manuel did the right thing by putting him right back on the horse. Let's hope his confidence can carry over.

voodoochile
04-27-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by baggio202
flash threw the ball real well in balt...he just made one mistake and like what has been hapopening all year..instead of getting lucky and having a guy miss it mathews hit it out of the park..

but he was reaching 96 on the balt gun and id say thats accurate because he k the guy before mathews and that guy didnt stand a chance...flash blew him away on fastballs..

imo , flash has thrown the ball real well the last 2 times out..he has gone more with the fastball and put the curve on hold..good move.. his fastball is good enough to be his number 1 pitch

The pitch in Baltimore was about letters high and very hittable. It was nice to see that same pitch rise out of the zone when he threw it last night. That's where it needs to be.

GASHWOUND
04-27-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
flash threw the ball real well in balt...he just made one mistake and like what has been hapopening all year..instead of getting lucky and having a guy miss it mathews hit it out of the park..

but he was reaching 96 on the balt gun and id say thats accurate because he k the guy before mathews and that guy didnt stand a chance...flash blew him away on fastballs..

imo , flash has thrown the ball real well the last 2 times out..he has gone more with the fastball and put the curve on hold..good move.. his fastball is good enough to be his number 1 pitch

Yeah, he hardly threw his curve, especially in his last inning of work, he featured all fastballs, and doing that puts confidence in his mind that he doesn't have to throw his curveball 90% of the time to be successful..it also puts in the back of the hitters minds that curveball..I think that is why there were alot of swings and misses..they were looking for the curve and when they realized it was a fastball it was to late..We need Gordon to be successful in order for our team to be successful..You show me a team with a bad bullpen and I'll show you a horrible baseball team.

kevingrt
04-27-2003, 06:18 PM
Finally now Marte has pitched two scoreless innings... maybe the rest of the pen besides Wunsh and Glover can learn from two nice scoreless outings by Marte and Flash!

TheBigHurt
04-27-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Finally now Marte has pitched two scoreless innings... maybe the rest of the pen besides Wunsh and Glover can learn from two nice scoreless outings by Marte and Flash!

AND maybe PK wont GIDP............THAT'LL be the day :)

BE GOOD