PDA

View Full Version : What more can you ask for?

Fridaythe13thJason
04-26-2003, 10:04 PM
- Great Garland Performance (including smacking the b**ch Dougie upside his head)
- Thomas, Ordonez, Lee all played very well
- Terrific Flash performance
- Koch honestly looked good...that was an amazing homerun for Cuddyer to hit. How unlucky can you get...dropped third strike and a Yankee stadium style homer to the corner.

wirtzbeer55
04-26-2003, 10:06 PM
Paul Konerko. Maybe starting tomorrow against Rick Reed. #14 needs to start hitting ASAP in time for these AL West series we have upcoming.

But you're right, with the possbile nit of leaving the bases loaded twice, tonight had it all.

konerkopeachy
04-26-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by SoCalUIC
- Koch honestly looked good...that was an amazing homerun for Cuddyer to hit. How unlucky can you get...dropped third strike and a Yankee stadium style homer to the corner.

I don't think "bad luck" had anything to do with it.

LuvSox
04-26-2003, 10:11 PM
Daubach even got a hit :D:

Fridaythe13thJason
04-26-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by konerkopeachy
I don't think "bad luck" had anything to do with it.

Care to elaborate? How often do you seen dropped third strikes in the Major Leagues.

TheBigHurt
04-26-2003, 10:17 PM
YOU cant ask for more........WELL Koch should not give up a 2run homer.....EVENTHOUGH it was meaningless its still shows hes struggling :angry:

BE GOOD

HawkDJ
04-26-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
YOU cant ask for more........WELL Koch should not give up a 2run homer.....EVENTHOUGH it was meaningless its still shows hes struggling :angry:

BE GOOD

That home run was all of what, 340 feet?

WinningUgly!
04-26-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt

BE GOOD

You're right...Koch shouldn't have given up the HR, but since he had to get 4 outs in the inning, I'll let it slide. A win is a win.

soxnut
04-26-2003, 11:37 PM
They still need to pick up more runs without the benefit of a home run. Until they start doing that more, they're still not going anywhere.

voodoochile
04-26-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
You're right...Koch shouldn't have given up the HR, but since he had to get 4 outs in the inning, I'll let it slide. A win is a win.

The Home run was a cheapy too and it wasn't a terrible pitch either...

Lip Man 1
04-27-2003, 02:38 AM
What more can you ask for?

Maybe playing the way they did tonight for the next two months.

Lip

TheBigHurt
04-27-2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Maybe playing the way they did tonight for the next two months.

Lip

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: IN joy..........
THATS going on a lim but ill take it.......... :)

BE GOOD

whitesoxwilkes
04-27-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by HawkDJ
That home run was all of what, 340 feet?

340 feet, 2 inches. I was sitting right by there...it JUST cleared the fence.

lowesox
04-27-2003, 11:10 AM
It seems like every season the WhiteSox have one game that totally changes their fate. Where the team looks totally different the day after the game than the day better. Last night sort of felt like it could be one of those games.

What happens today will be very interesting to me.

WhiteSox = Life
04-27-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
It seems like every season the WhiteSox have one game that totally changes their fate. Where the team looks totally different the day after the game than the day better. Last night sort of felt like it could be one of those games.

What happens today will be very interesting to me.

I'm not one for hyping games, but this might be the most important game in the history of the Chicago White Sox!

Okay, maybe I exaggerated a tiny bit, but this could very well be a pivotal game in the season.

gdcobb
04-27-2003, 07:17 PM
I think quiet possibly Garland saved his position in the rotation by the way he pitched. He gets knocked around like his earlier self and I think its minor time - palookaville. Gordon redeemed also. Even Koch somewhat. It was an encouraging thing to see.