PDA

View Full Version : Hawk


Fridaythe13thJason
04-26-2003, 08:55 PM
Anyone have a different feel on Hawk now? I know it was one incident, but it was great to seem him hot at the ump. He was better than Manuel about that awful call of throwing out Garland.

duke of dorwood
04-26-2003, 09:00 PM
I always like

:hawk

HawkDJ
04-26-2003, 09:00 PM
I don't know why people don't like Hawk. He is so passionate about the Sox like us. Sure, he makes up alot of excuses but he will let everyone know if the umps made a bad call.

capn12
04-26-2003, 09:00 PM
I've always been a Hawk fan, and it was great to hear him get so hot. Hawk even used the words Damn and Omnipotent to further his rage. That was complete BS, Garland getting tossed though.

RKMeibalane
04-26-2003, 09:16 PM
It was good to see Hawk showing emotion. I wasn't surprised that Manuel did nothing. The man has no passion for his job whatsoever. It's not difficult to understand why so many people want to see him fired.

TornLabrum
04-26-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
It was good to see Hawk showing emotion. I wasn't surprised that Manuel did nothing. The man has no passion for his job whatsoever. It's not difficult to understand why so many people want to see him fired.

If no warnings were issued, the least Manuel should have done was play the game under protest, just in case the Sox lose. I don't know anywhere in the rules where it says that an umpire can eject a pitcher for plunking a batter on the hip.

RKMeibalane
04-26-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
If no warnings were issued, the least Manuel should have done was play the game under protest, just in case the Sox lose. I don't know anywhere in the rules where it says that an umpire can eject a pitcher for plunking a batter on the hip.

As Hawk said, I think Froeming was on a power trip, and Garland payed for the price for Bruce's actions. Jerry Manuel needs to show his players that he's behind them. It helps morale tremendously when players know their manager will stand up for them.

Jjav829
04-26-2003, 10:39 PM
I'm not the biggest Hawk fan, but there is nothing better than a Hawk rant when something bad happens. Anyone remember him after that game a years ago against the Injuns when the ump was completely screwing with the Sox? Hawk went off on a tirade at the end of the game. Great stuff. Brings me chills. :smile:

nut_stock
04-26-2003, 10:46 PM
Did anybody tape the game??? I was about to die laughing at Hawk. That was the funniest piece of commentary I've heard in a while. I was laughing so hard, I didn't even care that Garland was tossed. (and I loved how DJ was all calm and cool, meanwhile Hawk interrupts with " That was B.S.!"

WinningUgly!
04-26-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock
Did anybody tape the game??? I was about to die laughing at Hawk. That was the funniest piece of commentary I've heard in a while. I was laughing so hard, I didn't even care that Garland was tossed. (and I loved how DJ was all calm and cool, meanwhile Hawk interrupts with " That was B.S.!"

DJ said something like, "Two Twins players have been thrown at."
Then Hawk cut him off & said,"They weren't thrown at! They were hit by pitches!"

Classic Hawkaroo! :)

LuvSox
04-26-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
It was good to see Hawk showing emotion. I wasn't surprised that Manuel did nothing. The man has no passion for his job whatsoever. It's not difficult to understand why so many people want to see him fired.

Can you believe Manuel?!?!?!?!? I would have been out of my freakin' mind at that point. :angry: Dude, stand up for your guys, Garland did.

RKMeibalane
04-26-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Can you believe Manuel?!?!?!?!? I would have been out of my freakin' mind at that point. :angry: Dude, stand up for your guys, Garland did.

It was also Manuel who made excuses for Froemming after the game. He said that a warning was issue before the game started.

Bull****. As daver pointed out, the warning should be issued during the game for it to mean anything. The fans probably had no idea that such a warning was issued. Tonight's incident is more proof that baseball needs to do something about its umpires. Too many of them suck at their jobs.

MHOUSE
04-27-2003, 01:46 AM
I had to read the subtitles because it was on the tvs at work but it sounded like Hawk was letting him have it. If only he could say the same things about management......

oldcomiskey
04-27-2003, 09:22 AM
techincally does hawk work for JR or does he work for Fox, WGN and WCIU?

hsnterprize
04-27-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
techincally does hawk work for JR or does he work for Fox, WGN and WCIU? All of the announcers, whether radio or TV, work for the Sox.

LetsGoSox_1
04-27-2003, 12:39 PM
Hawk was absolutely brilliant yesterday.

"That was one of the worst calls I've ever seen!"

"That was B.S.!"




Hawk shows more passion than Jerry Manuel.....

GASHWOUND
04-27-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
It was also Manuel who made excuses for Froemming after the game. He said that a warning was issue before the game started.

Bull****. As daver pointed out, the warning should be issued during the game for it to mean anything. The fans probably had no idea that such a warning was issued. Tonight's incident is more proof that baseball needs to do something about its umpires. Too many of them suck at their jobs.

Exactly, this aint little league, this is the Big Leagues and when you open your mouth you got to pay the piper..What the hell is this, "Warnings before the game" crap..Twins pitchers can hit us, but Garland makes a retaliation and he's gone.
Today's game has been pussified, big time.
:?: :angry:

GASHWOUND
04-27-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock
Did anybody tape the game??? I was about to die laughing at Hawk. That was the funniest piece of commentary I've heard in a while. I was laughing so hard, I didn't even care that Garland was tossed. (and I loved how DJ was all calm and cool, meanwhile Hawk interrupts with " That was B.S.!"

I was watching the game, and when Garland hit Mientakzzzz..I flew off my lazy boy and grabbed a tape..I had one tape where I had already something recored, but luckily there was about 40 minutes left of "free tape" left and recorded the little confrontation..Hawk was great, was hoping for a '00..but what ya gonna do :cool:

oldcomiskey
04-27-2003, 07:55 PM
well it didnt used to be that way---I remember reading somewhere when Tom Seaver was announcing for the Yankees that King George was upset with something he said and demanded a retraction===Tom Terrific refused on the grounds that he worked for WPIX and not the Yankees