PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* Sox/Twins 4/26 game thread

cheeses_h_rice
04-26-2003, 07:29 PM
Wow, what do you know, this team actually showing some heart?

Lohse beaning Maggs on purpose (he had men on 1 and 3rd).

The Sox actually slapping around these lame-ass punks?

Yyyyess!!!

:gulp:

Unregistered
04-26-2003, 07:52 PM
Interesting how Garland gets thrown out without a warning... But bringing in Gordon? Ugh, better him than Rick White, I guess.

cheeses_h_rice
04-26-2003, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...with Gordon, there's always that opportunity to give the Twins some runs and create a big "nyeah, nyeah" effect. Luckily, it worked out.

duke of dorwood
04-26-2003, 08:02 PM
If that ump knew anything, Garland would be the last guy that should be thrown out. I've already seen enuf bad umpiring this year, and its still April

HawkDJ
04-26-2003, 08:03 PM
I'm glad to see we threw at Mientiewicz after our hitters keep getting hit and after those comments he made.

DrCrawdad
04-26-2003, 08:03 PM
I liked just about everything from Garland tonight. Even after the HRs Garland didn't fold.

Let's hope that we look back on tonights game as the game when Garland grew up.

doublem23
04-26-2003, 08:12 PM
I didn't watch the game last night, but Hawk mentioned that Frank got plugged last night even after a warning was issued... How can Garland get thrown out before one was issued?

Unbelievable.

Tavarin
04-26-2003, 08:20 PM
It really seems that nothing is going the White Sox way this year when it comes to the umpires. The calls in Baltimore and the calls tonight spring to mind, but its really getting on my nerves

cheeses_h_rice
04-26-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Tavarin
It really seems that nothing is going the White Sox way this year when it comes to the umpires. The calls in Baltimore and the calls tonight spring to mind, but its really getting on my nerves

Don't forget the final play of the game in that Kansas City "Dybas Attacks Ump" game....

God Rowand looks terrible.

RKMeibalane
04-26-2003, 08:24 PM
If Ken Williams has a brain, he will file a complaint with Bud Selig's office, in order to have some of these calls reviewed. It won't change anything about the calls, but at least the umpires who made them will be dealt with. This crap has gone on for too long.

T Dog
04-26-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
If that ump knew anything, Garland would be the last guy that should be thrown out. I've already seen enuf bad umpiring this year, and its still April

What irks me most is the number of times already this year the Sox have been hurt by umpires who simply weren't paying attention. It has to be happening in other games as well.

Tonight's garbage fits into another category. I think the crowd reaction contributed to the Garland ejection, but that by no means excuses it.

duke of dorwood
04-26-2003, 08:34 PM
Great job by Gordon tonight-we needed him

DrCrawdad
04-26-2003, 08:39 PM
Will Gordon pitch the 9th?

Unregistered
04-26-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Will Gordon pitch the 9th? Looks like Koch is warming up in the pen. :o:

foulkesfan11
04-26-2003, 08:43 PM
We've left a lot of people on base tonight. Bases loaded in back to back innings then 2 on. I wish we would have scored some more. You never know what Mindless Manuel's going to do in the 9th.

Unregistered
04-26-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
We've left a lot of people on base tonight. Bases loaded in back to back innings then 2 on. I wish we would have scored some more. You never know what Mindless Manuel's going to do in the 9th. ...and ye will recieve... 7-2 SOX.

duke of dorwood
04-26-2003, 08:52 PM
Man how many Twinks have missed curve balls tonight.