PDA

View Full Version : We Need A Brawl


NewyorkSoxFan
04-26-2003, 05:58 PM
Before everyone calls me crazy, I think we need a brawl on the field or in our clubhouse. Its time for something to blow up to create some energy. I think this team needs a serious wakeup call. Remember last year when Bonds and Kent had it out in the dugout, it seemed to galvanize that team and they took off.

We all knew last nite when they got down 0-3 that the game was over. Did you see that dugout, they knew it too. I give Frank credit, he tried it the other nite against KC and the bullpen gave it up. This is just my opinion.


NYSF

duke of dorwood
04-26-2003, 06:06 PM
Yeah, the whole team against Manuel. I'd go for that

NewyorkSoxFan
04-26-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Yeah, the whole team against Manuel. I'd go for that


Whatever works!! He can get beat down just like anybody else.


NYSF :angry:

SoxxoS
04-26-2003, 06:18 PM
I brought us up needing a fight last year. I was at the Detroit Brawl behind the Tigers dugout, and after that fight, the Sox were a completely different team. I agree.

GASHWOUND
04-26-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by NewyorkSoxFan
Before everyone calls me crazy, I think we need a brawl on the field or in our clubhouse. Its time for something to blow up to create some energy. I think this team needs a serious wakeup call. Remember last year when Bonds and Kent had it out in the dugout, it seemed to galvanize that team and they took off.

We all knew last nite when they got down 0-3 that the game was over. Did you see that dugout, they knew it too. I give Frank credit, he tried it the other nite against KC and the bullpen gave it up. This is just my opinion.


NYSF

You're crazy

and we need a down and dirty brawl in the worst way, at this point that's my only answer to wake up this team..maybe a few bloody noses and a few missing teeth may get this team going..and lets start by knocking the teeth out of Mntkywkzzzz mouth and stopping the life outa him.. :gulp:

NewyorkSoxFan
04-26-2003, 06:41 PM
you're right, I am Crazy. :D:

NYSF

Jjav829
04-26-2003, 06:43 PM
Agreed. I don't think you're crazy at all. I question whether they would even have the emotion to brawl. It would probably have to be started by the Twins. This team needs something to light a fire and a fight would do that, hopefully.

baggio202
04-26-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
I brought us up needing a fight last year. I was at the Detroit Brawl behind the Tigers dugout, and after that fight, the Sox were a completely different team. I agree.

there is a big difference...that team had heart...this team has players only caring about themselves...if we got in brawl it would probably be a half asses effort by the guys in the dugout to even get off the bench..guys like valentin and maggs would be being triple and quadruple teamed getting their asses kicked while the rest of the team would be jockeying around prentending to "look busy"

just look back to the fan that jumped the ump...who were the first two white sox to get involved in that???...rick white and josh stewart...i know we have no team speed but you're telling me no one else on the sox could have beaten fat assed rick white to the fray??...what about carlos lee...he hit the ball and was standing on first base..he did nothing..same thing he would do in a fight

this is a different tream from '00..a brawl would only leave us in disgrac

RKMeibalane
04-26-2003, 07:02 PM
I wonder if we'll see a brawl tonight against Kyle "Big Top" Losche.

NewyorkSoxFan
04-26-2003, 07:05 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing one in the dugout or clubhouse either. I would love to see Jose get his foot in somebody's rear end.


NYSF

Banix12
04-26-2003, 07:05 PM
Actually we should make them wear they ugliest uniforms possible for one game. I'm thinking pink top and shorts. Then tell them that if you don't win 95 games this year this will be the official uniform for 2004.

LuvSox
04-26-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
what about carlos lee...he hit the ball and was standing on first base..he did nothing..same thing he would do in a fight



Originally posted by NewyorkSoxFan
I wouldn't mind seeing one in the dugout or clubhouse either. I would love to see Jose get his foot in somebody's rear end.


There we have it, Jose puts his foot up Carlos' arse, everyone wins! :D:

RKMeibalane
04-26-2003, 08:36 PM
Maggs has been hit. Jon Garland: I think you know what needs to be done.

WinningUgly!
04-26-2003, 08:39 PM
I suppose a big ol' brawl couldn't hurt, but Sox/Tigers fight in 2000 gets way to much credit for the team's success that year. The Sox were 10-6 going into the April 22nd "Brawlgame" with Detroit & went 10-10 in the 20 games after that game.

The team didn't really gel until interleague play started that year, when they won 7 of 9 (2 of 3 in HOU, a sweep in CIN & 2 of 3 against the sCrUBS). They then went on to play a stretch of 14 games against the Indians & Yankees, winning 11 of the 14 games, including the back to back sweeps of them on the road.

cheeses_h_rice
04-26-2003, 08:44 PM
Way to go, Jon G!!!

Take that, Mientizizkmanreqmenmkreq!

Of course, the ump is WRONG in kicking out JG, as Maggs was beaned solidly in the back, on purpose, the inning before.

Sox showing some heart, again!

RKMeibalane
04-26-2003, 08:45 PM
It has begun. Bruce Froeming is a dumbass.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-26-2003, 08:47 PM
HAWK IS HOT AT THE UMP!!!

:hawk
"It's the first time I've ever used the word 'omnipotent' in a sentence. Mercy!"

TornLabrum
04-26-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Way to go, Jon G!!!

Take that, Mientizizkmanreqmenmkreq!

Of course, the ump is WRONG in kicking out JG, as Maggs was beaned solidly in the back, on purpose, the inning before.

Sox showing some heart, again!

Two things, both of which I've mentioned before:

1) If no warning was issued after Maggs getting plunked, Manuel should have played the game under protest.

2) You don't bean somebody in the back. You bean somebody by hitting them on the bean, i.e. the head.

TornLabrum
04-26-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
It has begun. Bruce Froeming is a dumbass.

Just ask Milt Pappas.

NewyorkSoxFan
04-26-2003, 10:00 PM
Well maybe they read my thread in the clubhouse. Should make for a good game tomm. Should come out with the same type of attitude.

Don't Start none won't be None..

NYSF

StepsInSC
04-26-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

2) You don't bean somebody in the back. You bean somebody by hitting them on the bean, i.e. the head.

Okay but sending a message and trying to kill a guy are different things.

TornLabrum
04-26-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
Okay but sending a message and trying to kill a guy are different things.

Which is precisely why the beanball refers to pitches thrown at the head.

TornLabrum
04-26-2003, 10:11 PM
Okay, it comes out that Froemming gave out his warning before the game. Now it makes sense.

TheBigHurt
04-26-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
Okay but sending a message and trying to kill a guy are different things.

YES and if im not mistaken only 1 major leaguer has died from a hit by pitch

TornLabrum
04-26-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
YES and if im not mistaken only 1 major leaguer has died from a hit by pitch

And he was hit in the head and died from a fractured skull.

kevingrt
04-26-2003, 11:16 PM
That was enough of a brawl to pysche up the Sox... now we need to take the rubber game tom and finally get on a role both on the mound and at the plate!

RKMeibalane
04-26-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
That was enough of a brawl to pysche up the Sox... now we need to take the rubber game tom and finally get on a role both on the mound and at the plate!

Agreed. Brawls are entertaining, but the only fight the Sox should be concerned with is the one for first place in their division. If they manage to win that, good things will happen.

mike squires
04-26-2003, 11:47 PM
Once again, there's Jerry dumbass standing around on the field with his hands in his pockets. This guy does not know how to stand up for his players. He should have been kicked out whether right or wrong.