PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion to the WhiteSox: All Star LOGO

ramblermgr9599
04-26-2003, 04:17 PM
I like what the Sox did with the wall in the outfield with the All Star game logo. I would suggest that the Sox do what the Braves did and put the logo behind home plate so that when people are watching the game and/or highlights they would see the All Star logo. The wall behind home plate gets the most TV exposure. I would suggest putting the All Star logo on the door that opens behind home plate to the right of the rotating signage.

soxnut
04-26-2003, 04:25 PM
I like that idea :smile:

WhiteSoxWinner
04-26-2003, 05:33 PM
Very good call. Too bad our marketing department isn't bright enough to copy a good idea.

Rocklive99
04-26-2003, 05:34 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/mlb/photo/photogallery/0401uscellular/02.jpg

ramblermgr9599
04-27-2003, 11:11 AM
Yep, I mean the backstop.

Also I find it funny that a White Sox rep. once told a group of people that they would never put rotating signage behind home plate and look what they did!!!! The signage has been there for some years already and I have come to just ignore it. However an All Star logo would look nice back there as well.

dllrbll7
04-27-2003, 01:36 PM
Another good idea that was born on the WSI boards but will also Die on these boards without its due thought or recognition by the Sox

Unregistered
04-27-2003, 11:15 PM
Another thing that might be cool is to paint the logo in the grass up until (and during) the all star break. I designed the ''100th Anniversary" logo for the Yankees that is currently on the grass in Yankee Stadium and it looks pretty cool (although I might be a little biased... :D: ) Before and after the games they always show USC from an aerial perspective, and that might add a nice touch. Just a thought...