PDA

View Full Version : things need changed

oldcomiskey
04-26-2003, 11:00 AM
folks I am by no means throwing in the towel but right now our beloved Sox are dead in the water..... we arent the Yankees or even the Twins---we are a collection of good players---not a team.... whats the answer-----firing Manuel> can he help it if this team quits...well maybe he can...and I was wrong about Rowand---I thought he was gonna hit a little bit----well I was right in a way..thats all hes hitting.....Konerko aint been much better---Thomas--who knows which Frank is gonna show up---and this is for all the Valentin bashes out there---where wouldwe be without him and a few others---wed be detroit

LuvSox
04-26-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
folks I am by no means throwing in the towel but right now our beloved Sox are dead in the water..... we arent the Yankees or even the Twins---we are a collection of good players---not a team.... whats the answer-----firing Manuel> can he help it if this team quits...well maybe he can...and I was wrong about Rowand---I thought he was gonna hit a little bit----well I was right in a way..thats all hes hitting.....Konerko aint been much better---Thomas--who knows which Frank is gonna show up---and this is for all the Valentin bashes out there---where wouldwe be without him and a few others---wed be detroit

We are all in a bad way. Here it is a beautiful Saturday morning and what do we do? Log on to WSI to talk about our pitiful team. We're hopeless. Sometimes LuvSux.

GASHWOUND
04-26-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey

Exactly, the freakin Twins had lost 6 in a row, were struggling to score runs and at least they came into OUR freakin park and looked like they had some life in them. We looked like a team either 20 games ahead in the division thinking, well..we just need to cruise through the season since we have this 20 game lead...or they look like a team that's 20 games back and are thinking, well..we're 20 games back, what's the use..we aint coming back..
This whole thing sucks :angry:

GASHWOUND
04-26-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
We are all in a bad way. Here it is a beautiful Saturday morning and what do we do? Log on to WSI to talk about our pitiful team. We're hopeless. Sometimes LuvSux.

Yeah, same old story..2001, we start off 14-27..2002, we started off 15-7 and then fell off the earth, and now 2003..we're 12-11 and showing no signs of improvement...Sometimes I think we are hopless..
:beer :angry:

RKMeibalane
04-26-2003, 02:38 PM
The environment surrounding the team is all wrong. Nobody knows what his role is anymore. Manuel's daily lineup manipulations have only frustrated and confused players. As Bradley Joseph pointed out in his article, Manuel seems obsessed with the idea that players need several days off throughout the season. What Jerry "The Tinkerer" doesn't realize is that baseball is not as demanding physically as basketball or football. Players do need the occassional day off, but only if it appears that they are pressing, or that they've allowed some bad habits to creep into their routine. Manuel needs to stop changing the lineup and just let the players do their jobs. Someone should tie his hands behind his back so he can't use a pencil.