PDA

View Full Version : I hate it when I am right, but....

South Sider
04-26-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by South Sider
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hsnterprize
[B][FONT=arial
I disagree. The Sox played nearly every game against sub.500 teams.

I bet we win just 1 of 3 games this weekend
1 loss today vs Mays (our hitter can't figure him out)
--predicted score for tonight Sox-Twins 1-5--
We'll get a meaningless run in the 9th. Bases Loaded. Konerko hits into another double play. Buehrle will give up 1 run, the bullpen will give up 4 runs again

and
1 loss when Garland will pitch
--predicted score Sox-Twins 2-9

Yaeh I made a rally good prediction before yesterdays game.
Seems so, that I really know how the Sox will fail.

Let's hope I am wrong on tonights game

But I don't think so.

Ok....maybe we loose just 2-6 because Garland don't like Charlotte so much and will pitch a little better then normal.

hose
04-26-2003, 07:55 AM

But I don't think so.

Ok....maybe we loose just 2-6 because Garland don't like Charlotte so much and will pitch a little better then normal.

Over the winter and during Spring Training I was optimistic and confident that the Sox would have a solid club and be in contention for a shot at the World Series.

Any enthusiasm that I had is now gone. The bull pen, situational hitting, execution, and even the base running have been embarrassing.

My expectations are now down to seeing a good game and hoping for a win when I'm in attendance at U.S. Cellular. I'll be there today and tomorrow pulling for a 0 for 4 from Meinstinkofshi*.

The White Sox have to change their approach to the type of players they acquire in the future.
Phil Rogers brought up a great point in the difference between the Sox and Twins in how they promote and develop position players through their systems.

The Sox stress hitting and power while the Twins "try" and develop a more fundamentally sound player. Each teams ball park has a lot to do in dictating the make up of the clubs. The Twins have much more team speed and fast outfielders for the most part. Playing in a dome on astro turf the Twins have a huge home field advantage.

The early 90's White Sox teams positional players would be a better match up against these Twins. Those teams had more speed and much better fundamentals. Plus they were fun and exciting to watch and didn't lack in the power department either.

The 2003 Sox are a team loaded with base cloggers that are all swinging for the fences. :(:

gosox41
04-26-2003, 07:57 AM

But I don't think so.

Nice predictions. I bet you're not too far off for Sat. and Sun. game too. I know how you feel about hating to be right when it hurts the Sox, but hte truth hurts. I've been booing JM since last July and fans would just look at me in the ball park. The last couple of games I've had mroe and more people join me in the booing. I've been against Koch since the day the trade was made, though it doesn't make me feel any better that I was dead right on the guy. I'd rather be eating crow right now then seeing the sox loseand my predictions ocme true. Unfortunately, some things are just too obvious and shouldn't be looked through with rose colored glasses no matter how much of a fan you are.

Bob