PDA

View Full Version : Who will replace Manuel?

voodoochile
04-25-2003, 10:54 PM
If/When JM gets fired, who will be his replacement?

Daver
04-25-2003, 11:01 PM
Nick Levya.

LuvSox
04-25-2003, 11:16 PM
That's quite a list you've got there Voodoo. No Kuysner? I hope Ward goes with him.

TheBigHurt
04-25-2003, 11:40 PM
OTHER.....NO idea who though

BE GOOD f ' in tinker-roo

voodoochile
04-26-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by LuvSox
That's quite a list you've got there Voodoo. No Kuysner? I hope Ward goes with him.

I just picked all the pitching and hitting coaches, the bench coach and the sole base coach with manager experience.

Personally I think it will be Kenny Williams himself. The man has an ego and he would definitely light a fire under the team, the question is would it be a good fire or one that would burn the last bit of the team down. I don't pretend to know the minor league managers, but wouldn't be surprised if JR wanted one of them to come up - as cheap as he is. I think that is who Daver wrote in, but I don't follow the minor leagues other than what I learn here at WSI...

WhiteSox = Life
04-26-2003, 01:26 AM
Ozzie Guillen.

Hey, why not? Where's he work now? The Devil Rays? Thing he'd be interested in coming back? One time, I think he was coaching first base and got thrown out arguing. I believe he'd help light a fire under the White Sox.

What do you all think? Any other thoughts or persons?

Iguana775
04-26-2003, 01:39 AM
A poo flinging monkey.

TheBigHurt
04-26-2003, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Iguana775
A poo flinging monkey.
LETS do it!!!!!

Chisox353014
04-26-2003, 02:27 AM
Bill Self. I've heard that managing the Sox is his "dream job".

I think we're stuck with Manuel for awhile. I just don't see KW or Reinsdorf firing him anytime soon. Which sucks because I am now a card-carrying member of the Fire Jerry Manuel Club after holding out as long as I could.

Banix12
04-26-2003, 03:07 AM
Well we need someone in your face and will get the team motivated. Somebody the fans like and the team would respect. That all points to only one man. Mike Ditka. Honestly we could do worse.

palehosemike
04-26-2003, 07:24 AM
Wally Backman......................

gosox41
04-26-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
If/When JM gets fired, who will be his replacement?

I'd like to get a proven guy with some intensity like Leyland or Schowalter or Davey Johnson. If not, then I'd take Wally Backman.

Bob

ChiSoxBobette
04-26-2003, 09:35 AM
While its still early in the year, very early; why can't we replace manuel with Jim Leyland. After watching last nights game at Sox park in the 1st base side club boxes and seeing manuel in the dugout just sitting there no emotion , nothing, what was it to cold for him and for whatever reason manuel bringing in Sanders in the 8th inning when we still had a couple of at bats against Mays - Hit batter & Home run GAME OVER MAN! WHAT IS MANUEL THINKING. After the game on the post game radio show Dave Wills asked the Sox reporter if anyone had asked manuel what he was thinking on bringing in Sanders , but I guess nobody asked our braindead manager. How Reinsdorf can sit there and continue to let this manager and his fool coaching staff ruin this season is beyond anyones thinking. I can't beleive that after Frank hits that home run & Maggs and Konerko get singles Rios can't bunt its just proof that the manager & his coaches don't care. Everyone knows this team can't bunt WHY, THEY'RE MAJOR LEAGUE BALLPLAYERS ITS PART OF THE GAME AND WITH THE WAY THE SOX ARE PLAYING ITS A VERY BIG PART OF OUR GAME TO BE ABLE TO BUNT A GUY OVER AND JUST MAYBE HAVE SOMEONE HIT A FLY BALL TO GET THEM IN OR GET THE GUY OVER TO 3RD BASE. Does'nt manuel & his coaches stress this point with these guys probably not because manuels whole game plan offensively is to play for the home run. In the meantime last night Rios kept stepping out of the batters box while Kimm is giving him the sign to bunt Rios is acting like he can't beleive they want him to bunt and then the poor attempts the guy made ITS JUST PITIFUL!
Mr. Reinsdorf while its still early bring in a guy like Jim Leyland let him bring in his own coaching staff and let him run this team , last night while they we're interviewing manuel he says the same things we've heard the last 3 years - Its Still Early, The Pitching Will Come Around, The Hitting Will Come Around....manuel does'nt think that games early in the season are important then all of a sudden the Sox find themselves in to big a hole to get out of. Another thing BRING UP WILLIE HARRIS & LET HIM PLAY CENTER FIELD!

GO WHITE SOX
MANUEL & YOUR COACHING STAFF JUST GO!

harwar
04-26-2003, 09:37 AM
If you REALLY wanted to stir things up on the southside,then go get Bobby Valentine off of the baseball tonight set and stick him in the White Sox duggout.One thing is for sure,it wouldn't be boring.

TornLabrum
04-26-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by harwar
If you REALLY wanted to stir things up on the southside,then go get Bobby Valentine off of the baseball tonight set and stick him in the White Sox duggout.One thing is for sure,it wouldn't be boring.

It wouldn't be pretty either.

MRKARNO
04-26-2003, 10:09 AM
Harold Baines

Huisj
04-26-2003, 10:54 AM
isn't torborg having fights with the florida general manager? let him get fired there and hire him back. yeah right, it'll never happen

wassagstdu
04-26-2003, 11:18 AM
Has anyone considered the possibility that the Sox just don't have the talent to win and Manuel is getting the best out of them?? Hitting ain't everything after all, and the Sox seem to be overrated in that category too.

Nevertheless, I vote for Torborg, the best manager the Sox have had since Paul Richards -- especially with a young team.

Jerry_Manuel
04-26-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Personally I think it will be Kenny Williams himself. The man has an ego and he would definitely light a fire under the team, the question is would it be a good fire or one that would burn the last bit of the team down.

Wouldn't shock me at all, he's a control freak.

mike squires
04-26-2003, 01:09 PM
How about Hawk Harrelson...He blows as a commentator...sucked as a general manager...he's got to be good at something!!!

that was supposed to be in teal

DonkeyKongerko
04-26-2003, 01:24 PM
I would like to see Davey Johnson as well. Although most of the Dodgers ended up hating him after his most recent stint.

soxnut
04-26-2003, 02:50 PM
I think it should be Wally Backman or Ozzie Guillen. I think either would be good for the team and they'd both be cheap.

:reinsy
cheap.......you're right....maybe I could get 'em both....2 for 1...

Rocklive99
04-26-2003, 04:38 PM
This might sound stupid, but I think Tom Kelly is available. I didnt really follow the Twins so I dont know if hes a good manager or not, but hed know some stuff about the Twins if that helps