PDA

View Full Version : Kipper


Konerko05
04-25-2003, 09:48 PM
Kip jacked a 457 foot bomb today to centerfield. Not only that but he pitched a great game only to get his shutout and win foiled in the 9th.

I'm not sure what we could use more right now, his pitching or offense. But I for one am happy we traded him to get Todd Ritchie for a year.

cheeses_h_rice
04-25-2003, 09:52 PM
Missing Teal Alert! Missing Teal Alert!

p.s. Mark Prior is also beating the Rockies, and launched his first major league home run tonight. So far this year, Prior > Buehrle, sorry to say.

LuvSox
04-25-2003, 09:56 PM
We could go on for days about what our former players have done. "Bucky Dent hit a homer to beat Boston in the one-game playoff" I don't have enough energy for this.

Konerko05
04-25-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
We could go on for days about what our former players have done. "Bucky Dent hit a homer to beat Boston in the one-game playoff" I don't have enough energy for this.

No one asked you to say anything. I just thought it was kind of funny that Kip hit a homerun 457 feet. Of course I have to take a shot at the trade somewhere in that post. So save your energy.

LuvSox
04-25-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Konerko05
No one asked you to say anything. I just thought it was kind of funny that Kip hit a homerun 457 feet. Of course I have to take a shot at the trade somewhere in that post. So save your energy.

I didn't mean it like that. It was a bad attempt to make fun of the Sox moves of the past. :D:

baggio202
04-25-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Konerko05
No one asked you to say anything. I just thought it was kind of funny that Kip hit a homerun 457 feet. Of course I have to take a shot at the trade somewhere in that post. So save your energy.

sad thing is there are still KW apoligists out there that will argue with anyone who will listen that the trade was at worst a wash for us..that kip would still be crapping in his pants..fogg would have never gotten a chance and blah blah blah

Konerko05
04-25-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
I didn't mean it like that. It was a bad attempt to make fun of the Sox moves of the past. :D:

Oh, sorry about that, haha. Yeah I don't think these last couple games has put anyone in a good mood though.

HawkDJ
04-25-2003, 10:19 PM
Kip now has an ERA of 2.87! :o:

LuvSox
04-25-2003, 10:21 PM
Can we get Jaime Navarro back?

gosox41
04-26-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by baggio202
sad thing is there are still KW apoligists out there that will argue with anyone who will listen that the trade was at worst a wash for us..that kip would still be crapping in his pants..fogg would have never gotten a chance and blah blah blah


PArt orf the reason Wells sucked when he was here was because of the coaches that were in place,which of course KW had some say in hiring/bringng back. Of course I'm talking about one Nardi Contreras, one of the worst pitching coaches ever in Sox history.

Bob

Daver
04-26-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
PArt orf the reason Wells sucked when he was here was because of the coaches that were in place,which of course KW had some say in hiring/bringng back. Of course I'm talking about one Nardi Contreras, one of the worst pitching coaches ever in Sox history.

Bob


Geez,now your making up ways to take shots at KW.

Ron Schueler hired Nardi.

gosox41
04-26-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by daver
Geez,now your making up ways to take shots at KW.

Ron Schueler hired Nardi.

You kow I'll dog KW whenever I can. :)

Seriously, Schueler also hired Manuel. Doesn't mean KW should keep him around. The way I see it is Kenny used to be head of the minor leagues and player development. He should have seen how lousy a job Nardi was doing with the young pitchers. Nardi clearly wasn't the answer and KW should have addressed this just like he should look into dumping Manuel.

I've heard from a player's wife that the players stopped listening to Nardi. I heard this mid-2001. Being that KW has a love pf hanging in the clubhouse maybe he should have seen this communication gap (as well as looked at how the young pitcher's were doing) and shipped Nardi's a** out of here ASAP instead of waiting for yet another disappoint season.


Bob

Daver
04-26-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
You kow I'll dog KW whenever I can. :)

Seriously, Schueler also hired Manuel. Doesn't mean KW should keep him around. The way I see it is Kenny used to be head of the minor leagues and player development. He should have seen how lousy a job Nardi was doing with the young pitchers. Nardi clearly wasn't the answer and KW should have addressed this just like he should look into dumping Manuel.

I've heard from a player's wife that the players stopped listening to Nardi. I heard this mid-2001. Being that KW has a love pf hanging in the clubhouse maybe he should have seen this communication gap (as well as looked at how the young pitcher's were doing) and shipped Nardi's a** out of here ASAP instead of waiting for yet another disappoint season.


Bob

Nardi stayed because he was a freind of Jerry's,who was hired by Jerry Reinsdorf,not Ron Schueler.

:redneck

TornLabrum
04-26-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
You kow I'll dog KW whenever I can. :)

Seriously, Schueler also hired Manuel. Doesn't mean KW should keep him around. The way I see it is Kenny used to be head of the minor leagues and player development. He should have seen how lousy a job Nardi was doing with the young pitchers. Nardi clearly wasn't the answer and KW should have addressed this just like he should look into dumping Manuel.

I've heard from a player's wife that the players stopped listening to Nardi. I heard this mid-2001. Being that KW has a love pf hanging in the clubhouse maybe he should have seen this communication gap (as well as looked at how the young pitcher's were doing) and shipped Nardi's a** out of here ASAP instead of waiting for yet another disappoint season.


Bob

You have to keep one question in mind when you pose that: How long was Nardi under contract for? Manuel is signed through 2004, btw.

voodoochile
04-26-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by daver
Nardi stayed because he was a freind of Jerry's,who was hired by Jerry Reinsdorf,not Ron Schueler.

:redneck

In fairness, Schueler found JM and brought him to JR. They both interviewed him and JR signed off on the hiring, but it isn't like he picked JM out and handed him to Schu or forced Schu to hire him.

T Dog
04-26-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
We could go on for days about what our former players have done. "Bucky Dent hit a homer to beat Boston in the one-game playoff" I don't have enough energy for this.

I heard about that. And we're stuck with Lamar Hoyt.