PDA

View Full Version : Who didn't predict that ending?

Konerko05
04-25-2003, 10:30 PM
What a pitiful effort all around today, especially you Konerko.

duke of dorwood
04-25-2003, 10:31 PM
Nice pitch to swing at after someone got hit. He needs to sit for some time.

calebhatesyou
04-25-2003, 10:34 PM
does 14 show any signs of comming out of this funk. seriously, i don't see him swing everyday. so if anyone who does could tell me if he is close or just in the funk of funks.

MHOUSE
04-25-2003, 10:36 PM
Well he had another GIDP to end the game. How many on the season for PK?

TheBigHurt
04-25-2003, 10:37 PM
THE only good thing was Mr. Hurt's HR :angry:

BE GOOD

konerkopeachy
04-25-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Well he had another GIDP to end the game. How many on the season for PK?

it's countless, it seems. Every other ball he hits is either a ground out or a DP. It's frustrating seeing as how he's one of my favorites. get the hell outta this slump, paulie. :(:

voodoochile
04-25-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by calebhatesyou
does 14 show any signs of comming out of this funk. seriously, i don't see him swing everyday. so if anyone who does could tell me if he is close or just in the funk of funks.

Well, compared to where he was a week ago, I think he looks better. He seems to be getting a hit a night and has been hitting the ball to RF a bit more. Still, his single tonight was a seeing eye job that could just as easily have been 5 feet either direction and turned into a DP. He can't seem to do anything but drive the ball into the ground.

SoxxoS
04-25-2003, 11:47 PM
Hes got to be leading the majors in DP's by at least 5. Does anyone know for sure?

TheBigHurt
04-26-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Hes got to be leading the majors in DP's by at least 5. Does anyone know for sure?

Mike Loretta and Vernon Wells (having a great season) leads with 7, and PK is tied for 3rd with 6

A present from me to you:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/batting?split=0&league=9&season=2003&seasonType=2&sort=GIDPs&type=batexp

BE GOOD f ' in tinker-roo

chisox06
04-26-2003, 12:51 AM
Seems to me like hes chasing the ball and not "seeing" it. When this happens you get nothing but ground balls, which is exactly what Paulie has been doing. Cant blame everything on him though, the WHOLE offense has been extrememly inconsitent.