PDA

View Full Version : Paraphrased from ESPN insider about Manuel/Konerko

SoxxoS
04-25-2003, 05:20 PM
The White Sox look like a team in need of a leadership change. Joe Crede hit a homer the other day that was fair by a yard, and Jerry Manuel trotted out to argue and really didn't stick up for his player. That team should be better than it is and should play together more.

Part of their problem has been (Paul) Konerko. He had been trying to pull everything. He's just recently started to go the other way a bit.

SHOCKING!!!

thecell
04-25-2003, 05:38 PM
OH MY GOD!!!! IS THIS TRUE?!

SoxxoS
04-25-2003, 05:59 PM
And here is another thing.

Shouldn't Paul Konerko know how to get out a slump when he has been playing baseball for almost 20 years? Sometimes players get into slumps, and I understand that. However, the slump shouldn't be this long and the batter has to be held accountable for not being able to correct himself.

LetsGoSox_1
04-25-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by thecell
OH MY GOD!!!! IS THIS TRUE?!

:o:

GASHWOUND
04-25-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
And here is another thing.

Shouldn't Paul Konerko know how to get out a slump when he has been playing baseball for almost 20 years? Sometimes players get into slumps, and I understand that. However, the slump shouldn't be this long and the batter has to be held accountable for not being able to correct himself.

Konerko has been playing baseball for almost 20 years?? Wow

I don't think playing in the middle school baseball team prepares you to get outa slumps against major league pitchers.

kevingrt
04-25-2003, 06:34 PM
I only wish it wasn't true but it seems to still be a prolbem ever since a long time ago.

maurice
04-25-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS

Konerko has always been a hot / cold player. Last season it was hot first half / cold second half. In previous seasons, it was something like hot April / cold May / hot June / cold July, etc. He should break out pretty soon, stay hot for about a month or so, and finish the season with about a .850 OPS.

In the meanwhile, however, it would be a good idea to move the rally killing double play machine out of the 5-hole.