PDA

View Full Version : Sox Need To Sweep

RKMeibalane
04-25-2003, 03:18 PM
There is no question as what the Sox goals should be for this three-game series against Minnesota. The Chicago White Sox must sweep the Twins, and they must do so in grand fashion. It is time for the Sox to stop playing corpseball, and start playing baseball.

The days of Paul Konerko double-plays and Jon Garland implosions need to end. Frank Thomas must cotinue to be patient at the plate. A homerun here and there would be nice, too. Magglio has slipped a bit recently. He must get back on track. Carlos Lee still has some work to do before he can relax, the homerun streak nonwithstanding.

Jerry Manuel needs to stop "tinkering" and allow this team to focus entirely on the events occurring on the baseball diamond, not on the daily changes to the starting lineup.

gosox41
04-25-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
There is no question as what the Sox goals should be for this three-game series against Minnesota. The Chicago White Sox must sweep the Twins, and they must do so in grand fashion. It is time for the Sox to stop playing corpseball, and start playing baseball.

The days of Paul Konerko double-plays and Jon Garland implosions need to end. Frank Thomas must cotinue to be patient at the plate. A homerun here and there would be nice, too. Magglio has slipped a bit recently. He must get back on track. Carlos Lee still has some work to do before he can relax, the homerun streak nonwithstanding.

Jerry Manuel needs to stop "tinkering" and allow this team to focus entirely on the events occurring on the baseball diamond, not on the daily changes to the starting lineup.

:jerry
Focus on what now???? Get me my Sharpie, I need to tinker with the line up some more.

lowesox
04-25-2003, 03:34 PM

I don't think they need to sweep. I'll take two out of three. They do need to play a little better. But I really think the twins are still the team to beat, and we're ahead of them. If anything, they need to sweep us.

GASHWOUND
04-25-2003, 05:18 PM

I think that's the goal in every series, to try and sweep a team..especially a division rival who has won 25 of 38 the last few years..that's a big..DUH
This team needs to do something this series cause I still haven't seen that "something" you see in a team early on that makes you believe this team is gonna win this year..The Royals have "it" right now, the Twins had "it" last year, we had "it" in 2000.
I doubt we're gonna sweep anybody this series, cause we're not capable of it at this time.

kevingrt
04-25-2003, 05:37 PM
I thought they should have swept the past two series versus the Tribe and O's, but I was wrong. Now this one maybe I will be rite and they will sweep the Twinkies. I might be wrong but I know it would be great if we did so!

MHOUSE
04-26-2003, 12:30 AM
Twins have either swept or been swept in every series. Not looking good now. I just hope we score a run in every game! :D:

South Sider
04-26-2003, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Twins have either swept or been swept in every series. Not looking good now. I just hope we score a run in every game! :D:

Yeah, but right now don't expect much more then 1 run a game :whiner: :angry: :whiner: :angry:

At least 1 run could be enough on sunday when Loaiza is pitching.
:?: :smile: :?: :smile: :gulp: