PDA

View Full Version : Jerry, You Have One Weekend


34 Inch Stick
04-25-2003, 02:09 PM
How's that for lighting a fire. Bet you would argue over a blown call if JR called you in this afternoon with this message,

gosox41
04-25-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
How's that for lighting a fire. Bet you would argue over a blown call if JR called you in this afternoon with this message,

If the sox embarass themselves this weekend then Jerry has to go and a real butt kicker needs to be brought in and light a fire under these guys.

Bob

Hangar18
04-25-2003, 10:32 PM
Jerry Must Go

TheBigHurt
04-25-2003, 10:43 PM
THIS is my 1st of this yr (hopefully my last, but probaly more):
:firejerry

MHOUSE
04-26-2003, 01:33 AM
After an offseason of Colon, Koch, "stacking the deck", and anticipation for a winning team, it seems like a carbon copy of last season. We have the "FIRE JERRY" posts out and April isn't even over yet. I thought they'd wait until after prom!

gosox41
04-26-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
After an offseason of Colon, Koch, "stacking the deck", and anticipation for a winning team, it seems like a carbon copy of last season. We have the "FIRE JERRY" posts out and April isn't even over yet. I thought they'd wait until after prom!

The Sox can't afford to wait that long. A fire must be lit under this team and soon. Or else KW is going to be dumping Colon for another Jon Adkins.


Bob

harwar
04-26-2003, 10:32 AM
The problem with firing Manuel is that knowing JR as we do,i bet he'd put Bruce Kim in for the rest of the season.I think a change should have been made during the winter as i don't see Jerry Manuel as a big league manager(never did).I can't help but wonder if Lou Panella had been enticed to come here what might have been.He has tampa bay(TAMPA FREAKING BAY!!!) playing well enough where they are fun to watch as i 've seen them several times.I've seen in the past where firing a manager will make a team play better for a while,but who knows.All i know is that we've got a big mess where there was supposed to be a VERY GOOD BASEBALL team.

GASHWOUND
04-26-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
After an offseason of Colon, Koch, "stacking the deck", and anticipation for a winning team, it seems like a carbon copy of last season. We have the "FIRE JERRY" posts out and April isn't even over yet. I thought they'd wait until after prom!

We need the "RESIGN NOW JERRY!!!" tag now, cause I doubt JR, has the balls to fire jerry.

GASHWOUND
04-26-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by harwar
The problem with firing Manuel is that knowing JR as we do,i bet he'd put Bruce Kim in for the rest of the season.I think a change should have been made during the winter as i don't see Jerry Manuel as a big league manager(never did).I can't help but wonder if Lou Panella had been enticed to come here what might have been.He has tampa bay(TAMPA FREAKING BAY!!!) playing well enough where they are fun to watch as i 've seen them several times.I've seen in the past where firing a manager will make a team play better for a while,but who knows.All i know is that we've got a big mess where there was supposed to be a VERY GOOD BASEBALL team.

Oh noo, not Kimm..And everyone whould stop talkin about Lou Pinella cause even if JM were fired during the off season he wouldn't be coming here.he lives in Tampa, and wanted to be closer to family..Why else would you go to Tamba? And although the Sox had a good team on paper going into this season, it wouldnot have been enough to lure Pinella here..The Yankees?/Yes, the Sox..No