PDA

View Full Version : Watcha Tink Now?

Mammoo
04-25-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
The first month of the season tells the whole story for the Sox. If they do not have a GREAT start they do not win the division. Even if they play well they may not win it. I think anything under 18-9 and we are looking at trouble.

Hey T-FIS!!!

I agreed with your assessment above, but I fear our heroes will not come anywhere close to that mark!

I was hoping for 17 wins by the end of April and it will take three over the Twins and two over the A's to accomplish that.

Certainly not the start we were hoping for!!

34 Inch Stick
04-25-2003, 12:52 PM
Mamoo you are reading my mind. I was thinking about my projection of our needs and it is obvious we will not make 18. I do feel we are in serious trouble starting next week.

Now the fan in me...That earlier assessment was based on trailing the Twins not these upstart Royals. I think the Royals are going to be hit by reality very hard. Grimsley's arm will be hanging lower than a frog's behind by next month. Mc Dougal's control problems will catch up to him. The rest of the relief staff sucks and the starters are unproven. So of course we are still in it and I will be going to 2 games in the next week.

It's tough to be a White Sox fan and not be schizophrenic.

moochpuppy
04-25-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
The first month of the season tells the whole story for the Sox. If they do not have a GREAT start they do not win the division. Even if they play well they may not win it. I think anything under 18-9 and we are looking at trouble.

Well, they're 12-10 so they could still start 17-10. :gulp:

pudge
04-25-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy

Put down the bong, mooch...

TheBigHurt
04-25-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy

HEY thats a good point!!!!! :)

BE GOOD

moochpuppy
04-25-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by pudge
Put down the bong, mooch...

I don't wanna..... :D:

Mammoo
04-25-2003, 03:42 PM
It's tough to be a White Sox fan and not be schizophrenic.

T-FIS,

Very true!

Enjoy the games and hold on to your cell phone!! :D: