PDA

View Full Version : If I see White or Gordon get up in the pen again...

Kilroy
04-25-2003, 07:43 AM
I'm gonna puke. Neither of them has pitched worth a damn, but Manuel keeps running their sorry asses out there. I had just got in the car last night, flip on the radio and hear that Gordon is coming on in relief of White inheriting a runner, and clinging to a one run lead. There was no doubt in my mind that the Sox would not have the lead by the end of the inning.

I might have to join the :firejerry club because he's really pissing me off with this stupidity. Neither of those two has gotten the job done this year, and he brings them in w/ a game on the line.

JERRY!! WHITE AND GORDON BLOW!! KEEP THEIR COM-BUST-IBLE ASSES ON THE PINE UNTIL THE SOX HAVE A LEAD THEY CAN'T PISS AWAY WITH ONE PITCH....

Hangar18
04-25-2003, 07:50 AM
Thats is ridiculous. those are the 2 worst pitchers out of the pen right now, and Manuel brings them BOTH in. Its like Jerry wanted to purposely lose the game. Thats what happens when you bring your 2 worst pitchers in the game.....they lose it for you.

Sad
04-25-2003, 07:50 AM
I know- he does it time and time again!
is he friggin' blind, stupid or what ?!!!?

GAK!

Hangar18
04-25-2003, 07:53 AM
His foolishness has cost the Sox 4 games now. And those are games where he misused the Bullpen. Why would anyone bring your 2 worst pitchers into a game..........that has a precarious lead......and your on the road......
JERRY MUST GO. Its Official. Hes costing this team much needed wins.

LuvSox
04-25-2003, 07:56 AM
:firejerry

ChiSoxBobette
04-25-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
His foolishness has cost the Sox 4 games now. And those are games where he misused the Bullpen. Why would anyone bring your 2 worst pitchers into a game..........that has a precarious lead......and your on the road......
JERRY MUST GO. Its Official. Hes costing this team much needed wins.

I've said it before manuel gives away games in the early part of the season playing them as if they're still spring training games. I keep hearing that they're trying to get Gordon straightened out, the guy is a vet. pitcher and it looks like he's done. We can't afford to get to far behind that team from K.C. because as they keep winning they're going to keep building confidence that they're the team to beat and with manuel's managing attitude - playing games this last month to get pitchers some innings and then watching those same couple of pitchers get beat and causing loses we might be out of it before we even have a chance to play K.C. again. Another thing a team starts to mirror the attitude of its manager & coaches, the other night when Credes H.R. was called foul I think manuel should have been out there screaming instead hes out there and it looks like hes having a freindly conversation with the umpires, the guys got no fire and thats reflected by this team right now. I thought with all of the things going on at US CELLUAR this year namely the All-Star game we would have a great year but I also thought that manuel should have been canned at the end of last year and another manager & coaching staff should have been brought in before the Sox went to spring training instead we see manuel and his staff still making the same bonehead moves that we've come to expect out of him. I can't believe that if we get swept by the Twinkies Reinsdorf or KW are'nt thinking that its early enough to bring in someone else, like a Jim Leland or even a Wally Backman from our minor league system; to right this team. If we just let manuel play his type of ball I think we're in for a very disappointing year.
:angry: :angry: :angry: :(:

GO WHITE SOX
TIME TO DUMP JERRY MANUEL!

brewcrew/chisox
04-25-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob

I've said it before manuel gives away games in the early part of the season playing them as if they're still spring training games.

GO WHITE SOX
TIME TO DUMP JERRY MANUEL!

Yes, I completely agree. Manual continually shuffles the lineup, never leaving in someone when they are hot (Rowand for Rios etc..).

And will someone tell me why WHY take out Kelly Wunch for White.? WHY? Wunch is the only one pitching worth a damn. To me it looked elementary :

Wunch + Marte = Whitesox winner.

White + Gordon = :(: :whiner:

Hangar18
04-25-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by brewcrew/chisox
Yes, I completely agree. Manual continually shuffles the lineup, never leaving in someone when they are hot (Rowand for Rios etc..).

And will someone tell me why WHY take out Kelly Wunch for White.? WHY? Wunch is the only one pitching worth a damn. To me it looked elementary :

Wunch + Marte = Whitesox winner.

White + Gordon = :(: :whiner:

Im telling you....Manuel was TRYING to lose the game. Why would he bring in his 2 worst pitchers with the game on the line like that? And the Games on the Road also???!!!!!
Freaking Stupid. I was at a bar, and when I saw the bullpen and White/Gordon Warming Up, I announced to ANyone in earshot that if they came in, would be a SOXLOSS.

npdempse
04-25-2003, 01:51 PM
Even better, White says he asked not to pitch last night, telling Coop his stomach was off.

Why, Jerry, why?!

Foulke You
04-25-2003, 01:53 PM
Completely agree with all of the above posters. Manuel is killing us. I can't speak about the motivation standpoint because I'm not in the clubhouse (although i have a good idea about the lack of motivation he gives the players) but I can be critical of the baseball decisions. Rowand is batting .130 and Rios gets a hit in every game he plays. Simple math. Rios should be your starter.

Gordon has been by far the worst pitcher on the team. He hasn't had a good outing since Spring Training. Bringing him into a situation where the tying run is on second and the go ahead run at the plate is just idiotic. Especially when you consider that in the PREVIOUS game Gordon got touched up for 2 quick runs by Baltimore that put the game out of reach. No. That didn't faze our Jerry. He trots one ex Cub reject out there and BAM goes a 2 run homer by another ex Cub reject, Gary Matthews Jr. who is a punch and judy hitter at best. :angry: UGH!! Thanks for letting me vent.

UnderpantsGnome
04-25-2003, 02:13 PM
When Wright is healthy, hopefully they'll use him out of the bullpen and dump either Gordon or White (or both!). I'd like to see Munoz, Malone, Ginter, or even Rauch up here too. Out of those four, I'm sure we could find someone who can get the job done better than these two sad sacks.

voodoochile
04-25-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by npdempse
Even better, White says he asked not to pitch last night, telling Coop his stomach was off.

Why, Jerry, why?!

Really? Where did you read this? If it is true, then it proves JM doesn't have the brains or talent to run the team, IMO.

Players rarely ask for time off. Most of them are taught from day 1 to do whatever the team needs whenever it needs it. Besides just to get to to the majors requires so much ego that almost none of these guys will ever ask out - believing in their own ability over everything else. Putting in a player who has said he isn't right is just plain DUMB!

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-25-2003, 02:51 PM
look under my twinks logo below

TheBigHurt
04-25-2003, 03:01 PM
I think hes putting in White and Gordon to let them gain back their confidence, he should let them gain confidence by putting them in when we have a big lead......WELL then again he should do a lotta things.

BE GOOD

jeremyb1
04-25-2003, 03:15 PM
i've already done this a few times so i'm only going to say it once more. i can think of nothing stupider than suggesting manuel use only glover, marte, and wunsch in close games. that's just not going to work. we can't have 7 relievers and relegate three of them to mop up duty. that doesn't work.

lowesox
04-25-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
i've already done this a few times so i'm only going to say it once more. i can think of nothing stupider than suggesting manuel use only glover, marte, and wunsch in close games. that's just not going to work. we can't have 7 relievers and relegate three of them to mop up duty. that doesn't work.

If the Sox are going to do anything this season at least 2 of Gordon, Koch or White are going to have to come around. So I don't blame Jerry for still marching them out. If those guys do come around (and I think they will) then we'll all realize that Jerry had to do what he's doing.

I do, however, agree that a one run lead in the eigth inning is Marte territory for now.

Kilroy
04-25-2003, 03:44 PM

Hey, I agree that saying he only use those pitchers is whacked. But don't bring in your 2 worst relievers back to back in a game that you kinda need to win. That kinda **** brings back painful memories of http://www.canadianbaseballnews.com/BlueJaysPlayers/terbev.jpg

hold2dibber
04-25-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Hey, I agree that saying he only use those pitchers is whacked. But don't bring in your 2 worst relievers back to back in a game that you kinda need to win. That kinda **** brings back painful memories of http://www.canadianbaseballnews.com/BlueJaysPlayers/terbev.jpg :chunks

hold2dibber
04-25-2003, 05:22 PM

I completely agree. However, IIRC, Glover, Marte and Wunsch were all available last night. So, in a close game where the Sox bats clearly were not clicking, why not ride the hot (well, hotter than White's or Flash's) hands of those three guys, since all were available? I understand that he can't just use those 3 in close games (I for one certainly hope -- and believe -- that Gordon and White will get it turned around and be reliable in those situations eventually), but in last night's game in particular, he could have and should have.

LetsGoSox_1
04-25-2003, 05:32 PM
I've officialy joined the http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/firejerry.jpg club.

TheBigHurt
04-26-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by LetsGoSox_1
I've officialy joined the http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/firejerry.jpg club.
I just did about 2 hrs ago :angry: :angry:

BE GOOD f ' in tinker-roo

sox_fan_forever
04-26-2003, 12:14 AM
I've recently joined as well. Ahhhh :angry:

Lip Man 1
04-26-2003, 02:44 AM
Voodoo:

In yesterday's game story by Teddy Greenstein he quoted White as saying that he told Don Cooper before the game that he had a bad stomach, was really hurting and had nothing on the ball.

Just FYI.

Lip