PDA

View Full Version : Please stop the supply-line of ex-Cubs!

Fisk72
04-25-2003, 12:27 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but has Gordon had a good outing at all this year? I'm still trying to figure out why they brought him in down by one and with a guy on 2nd. Marte is more of a lock and I doubt Matthews would've gotten an RBI. We've all seen how the Flubs have sucked over the years. I say we should officially end getting any ex-North Siders. Unless, of course, JR and KW are purposely making our team suck.

MHOUSE
04-25-2003, 09:22 AM
We have Bruce Kimm too, but he's better than Wavin' Wally I think. Maybe he'll be our new manager. I don't think former teams matter much, but Gordon and Garland (also a former flub) both are sucking this year. Hopefully they'll turn it around.

Bobby Thigpen
04-25-2003, 09:32 AM
Greg Maddux was an ex-Cub. He worked out for the Braves pretty good didn't he?

I think it's a little early to be calling for heads. There's still 140 games left in the season. Remember, the Angels went like 4-16 last year and then won it all. It's still too early to hit the panic button.

jlh221fan
04-25-2003, 10:04 AM
As bad as he's been, he did have an excellent outing the middle game of the Royals series last week. He came in with the lead run on and no one out in 8th, retired all 6, and got the win on Frank's walk-off sac fly.