PDA

View Full Version : Billy Koch at Yorktown Mall

skihawk77
04-24-2003, 02:33 PM
For those of you wishing to assasinate Billy Koch, you'll have your chance Friday. I'm not sure of the times, but if you come in and buy any baseball game, you get an autograph. The guy there told me that I could get a game I already bought signed if I brought it. Not bad.

TheBigHurt
04-24-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by skihawk77
For those of you wishing to assasinate Billy Koch, you'll have your chance Friday. I'm not sure of the times, but if you come in and buy any baseball game, you get an autograph. The guy there told me that I could get a game I already bought signed if I brought it. Not bad.

ILL give him some more chances

Brian26
04-24-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by skihawk77

Huh?

I'm not quite clear on what's going on here. I'm assuming he's doing an appearance at either KB Toys or maybe one of the video game stores? Electronics Boutique??

Ok, so you have to buy a 40 dollar video game to get his autograph? His autograph isn't worth 5 dollars to be honest. Then, does he have to autograph the game itself? You make it sound like you have to bring a game to get signed. Wouldn't you want him to sign a card or a ball?

Confusing post.

brewcrew/chisox
04-24-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Brian26

Huh?

I'm not quite clear on what's going on here. I'm assuming he's doing an appearance at either KB Toys or maybe one of the video game stores? Electronics Boutique??

Ok, so you have to buy a 40 dollar video game to get his autograph? His autograph isn't worth 5 dollars to be honest. Then, does he have to autograph the game itself? You make it sound like you have to bring a game to get signed. Wouldn't you want him to sign a card or a ball?

Confusing post.

I'm lost here too, and I read it twice.

I'm assuming he is signing the video game version for "Home Run Derby" as most of his pitches these days seem to be coming straight off of that show.

TheBigHurt
04-24-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by brewcrew/chisox
I'm lost here too, and I read it twice.

ILL admit i read it 4 times.........

StepsInSC
04-24-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
ILL give him some more chances

Is that teal because you're really not going to give him more chances and you're gonna kill him anyways?

OR

Is it teal because you're against the whole idea of homicide in general?

skihawk77
04-24-2003, 04:26 PM
Sorry, I forgot to mention which store (I'm a moron). What, you all can't read minds? It's at Electronic's Boutique. I'm sure he'll sign other things too. I think buying a game guarantees an autograph. But don't most diehard baseball and game fans already have a baseball game?

MetalliSox
04-24-2003, 04:35 PM
As Elvis would say, "Don't be cruel!"

If you see Koch, give him some encouragements. Like, "Keep your head up, we need you!"

Make him feel wanted.

No need to go there and rip into him. Let him know we are behind him.

Where are my pom poms?

TheBigHurt
04-24-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
Is that teal because you're really not going to give him more chances and you're gonna kill him anyways?

OR

Is it teal because you're against the whole idea of homicide in general?

ITS teal becuase i was joking i was going to kill him if he doesnt do better soon...........

Procol Harum
04-24-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip

If you see Koch, give him some encouragements. Like, "Keep your head up, we need you!"

Make him feel wanted.

Where are my pom poms?

Or encourage him to go pick up an application over at the Sunglass Hut.... :cool:

whitesoxwilkes
04-24-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
Or encourage him to go pick up an application over at the Sunglass Hut.... :cool:

I've had a billion encounters with players over the years and never once have I said anything negative to them. These guys aren't TRYING to blow games or strike out, it just comes with the territory. They have one of the hardest jobs in the world and executing isn't always easy...

Procol Harum
04-24-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
I've had a billion encounters with players over the years and never once have I said anything negative to them. These guys aren't TRYING to blow games or strike out, it just comes with the territory. They have one of the hardest jobs in the world and executing isn't always easy...

It was a joke, dude--combining my disatisfaction w/ his very well-compensated performance and his being at a mall where more mundane, less-well-heeled career options are available.

I would never seriously advocate rude and obnoxious behavior to anybody, particularly a total stranger. My Mama taught me to be nice to folks :)

LuvSox
04-24-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip

Make him feel wanted.

Where are my pom poms?

You sound like he just finished third in the special olympics. Let's take Koch out for french fries afterward.

ozzman
04-25-2003, 02:27 PM
I was up there for the whole hour he was signing. Not many people showed up which was kind of disapointing, but Koch is a really cool guy. You didnt have to buy a game and they had 8x10s that he was signing and that got validated for authenticity. Got an 80's sox logo tshirt from champs and had him sign that too, told him we are going to the game tomorrow and he said he'll have the pen sign it and the rest of the team if he could manage it. Definitely a cool guy

Iwritecode
04-25-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by ozzman
I was up there for the whole hour he was signing. Not many people showed up which was kind of disapointing, but Koch is a really cool guy. You didnt have to buy a game and they had 8x10s that he was signing and that got validated for authenticity. Got an 80's sox logo tshirt from champs and had him sign that too, told him we are going to the game tomorrow and he said he'll have the pen sign it and the rest of the team if he could manage it. Definitely a cool guy

I've liked him ever since I met him at Soxfest. There was some moron there with a Cubs hat and shirt on and Billy refused to sign anything for him. He told him to get out of line and started signing for the guy right behind him. :cool:

This was after the guy had been waiting in line for half the night too... :D:

brewcrew/chisox
04-25-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

I've liked him ever since I met him at Soxfest. There was some moron there with a Cubs hat and shirt on and Billy refused to sign anything for him. He told him to get out of line and started signing for the guy right behind him. :cool:

This was after the guy had been waiting in line for half the night too... :D:

That is a beautiful thing. His stock has just been raised.

Now he just has to pitch.

Come on Billy, Pitch, man!!

TheBigHurt
04-25-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Let's take Koch out for french fries afterward.

COULD I come???? :)

BE GOOD

TheBigHurt
04-25-2003, 03:52 PM
1501 POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am now a Church Elder.....................

WHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hold2dibber
04-25-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
1501 POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am now a Church Elder.....................

WHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Congratulations, TBH. I'm sure PHG or Daver will get you the key to the Church Elder restroom, the free WSI-provided Cadillac and your complimentary subscription to Baseball Weekly asap!