PDA

View Full Version : Minor League Results

NC_sox_fan
04-24-2003, 09:45 AM
Winston-Salem Warthogs:

The Hogs have lost two in a row to the Potomac Cannons (Reds). The Hogs lost 5-1 on Tuesday and lost 3-1 yesterday.

Today is an off day, the team will travel to Wilmington, Delaware then on to Potomac. They'll return to Winston-Salem on May 1.

With 3rd baseman John Lackaff still out after 10 days with a pulled hamstring, Casey Rogowski nursing a sore wrist, and shortstop Mike Morse playing with a sore shoulder, the Hogs are beginning to slow down.

Coach Razor Shines says, "But I do know our kids play hard. We're going to just keep fighting and keep plugging. We'll be fine. We'll be all right."

Barons:
The Barons won in the 11th inning. After Ryan Hankins flied out, Jonathan Aceves, Guillermo Reyes, and Scott Bikowski had three consecutive singles. They drove home the tieing and winning runs. The Barons had 11 hits (all singles).

After the game, reliever Tetsu Yoshu was promoted to Charlotte.

Starter Enemencio Pacheco made his first start of the season, after moving into the rotation. He tossed five solid innings but got a no-decision after he gave up one unearned run on 4 hits.

Knights:
Charlotte lost to Richmond (at Richmond) last night, 2-1. Felix Diaz was the losing pitcher for the Knights, going 5.2 innings, giving up 9 hits, 2 runs and striking out 3. Pitcher Ryan Kohlmeier finished the game, giving up no hits, no runs and striking out 4.

Joe Borchard was back in the lineup last night. His line was: 4 at bats, no hits, no runs, 1 error. Cliff Brumbaugh scored the only run for the Knights.

No news available for Kannapolis yet today.

CiscoCarlos
04-24-2003, 03:27 PM
Hey N.C. Sox Fan: thanks for posting the results.
I'm looking forward to seeing the Warthogs this season but am waiting for them to come to Kinston (a short drive from Wilmington) where they should mercilessly pound the Indians farm team into the ground.

Reports, incidentally, indicate that Kindston is home to a classic retro minor league park. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

NC_sox_fan
04-24-2003, 04:52 PM
I've been to Kinston many times, the park is wonderful. If you like the older parks, you'll feel right at home. I understand they renovated it last year and I want to see what changes they've made. I'm hoping to get down there, probably in July. Beating the Ktribe is a Warthog fans' dream come true!!! I really am anticpating another sweep.

Do you ever see the Barons when they play at the Mudcats?

Glad you enjoy the updates. I'll try my best to keep up.