PDA

View Full Version : Heres a Better Petition Suggestion....

Hangar18
04-24-2003, 09:28 AM
I think its High Time that the Lazy, most of them Fat Umpires be held accountable for Bad Calls, Quick Ejections, and otherwise Poor Play Calling on the Field. Im sick and tired of bad calls (like last nites for instance) changing the momentum and outcome of baseball games. That Call Last Nite was the Last Straw for me with Umpires. All the guy had to do was just jog his lazy ass down the line, and he wouldve gotten a better view of it. According to the TV guys, it was clear from their vantage point, which is a bit farther away than where this Lazy Ass Ump was.
There is No Excuse for bad calls like that. If he was in question, go look at a Replay for gods sake, but GET THE DAMN CALL RIGHT.
You could see the Life come right out of the SOX after that. If someone can help with a decent petition, we need to mail that. OF all the years watching Baseball, I can remember almost ALL OF THE BAD CALLS IVE SEEN by umpires. THats Embarrassing for them. There needs to be some kind of accountability for them.
Does anyone remember last year, Sox at Cleveland, and the home plate ump was making a bunch or really bad calls for the sox pitcher?? they scored runs because of it, and the sox bench was livid. he threw some people out, and the next INNING, the Idians pitcher in the 9th Inning threw balls that were very CLEARLY out of the strike zone, but in an act of defiance, called them Strikes THEN GLARED AT THE SOX DUGOUT????? that umpire shouldve been SUSPENDED, but of course, theres no Commissioner

bfauble83
04-24-2003, 10:39 AM
I was at the game, in section 23 (1 base side) and it was very clear to me that it was fair...even the Orioles fans sitting near me admitted that they got away with a huge one there.

TimChamp
04-24-2003, 12:08 PM
I would sign that petition, as well, as a petition that should have been done ever since we've had technology like instant replay to INSTATE INSTANT REPLAY IN BASEBALL!!! No more blown calls by idiot umpires...enough about keeping the tradition of the game and keeping the integrity of the game, what about the integrity of getting the call right??? Sheesh, I hate it, I've been saying for years now that instant replay would prove these umpires wrong so many times, they would end up getting more calls wrong than right...WE HAVE MONKEYS WORKING IN BASEBALL!!!

Champ out to control his emotions by :gulp: ...

Hangar18
04-24-2003, 12:33 PM
Instant Replay is the Most Pressing Concern for MLB, Not fans running on the Field. you cant have bad calls swinging outcomes of games like that. You Simply CANNOT. Thats why I dont watch the NBA anymore. Too many calls going the way of the Teams with the Bigger TV Market Share. Thats not sport, thats exhibition and nothing different than Staged Wrestling.

TimChamp
04-24-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Instant Replay is the Most Pressing Concern for MLB, Not fans running on the Field. you cant have bad calls swinging outcomes of games like that. You Simply CANNOT. Thats why I dont watch the NBA anymore. Too many calls going the way of the Teams with the Bigger TV Market Share. Thats not sport, thats exhibition and nothing different than Staged Wrestling.

Yeah, with wrestling, they have "blown calls" too, but at least I know it's staged, so when there is a "blown call" I don't really care much, except to say something like, "I new that would happen."

Champ out...