PDA

View Full Version : **Official** Manuel, You're Fired Game Day thread 4/23

cheeses_h_rice
04-23-2003, 08:33 PM
***? That was so obviously a homer by Crede. Would have tied the game.

voodoochile
04-23-2003, 08:35 PM
Come on Jerry, yell, scream, kick some f'n dirt. At least protest the gaem. That ball was fair. 3-3 Sox, or at least it should be...

cheeses_h_rice
04-23-2003, 08:37 PM
If the Sox lose this game by 1 or 2 runs, I'm going to be ill.

Daver
04-23-2003, 08:37 PM
:takeittochat

voodoochile
04-23-2003, 08:38 PM
This Ump crew sucks. It would be nice if the HP ump could at least be consistently bad...

CHISOXFAN13
04-23-2003, 08:38 PM
that's horsesh%&. We are going to lose this agme because not one umpire could see that. Pathetic

FanOf14
04-23-2003, 08:45 PM
When they blow obvious calls like that, they should be docked pay. I am sick of umps getting away with being so atrocious and deciding who wins and loses instead of simply calling the game.

voodoochile
04-23-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by daver
:takeittochat

I'd rather change the title and merge the threads...

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

voodoochile
04-23-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
When they blow obvious calls like that, they should be docked pay. I am sick of umps getting away with being so atrocious and deciding who wins and loses instead of simply calling the game.

And I thought the worst call of the game was going to be the missed third strike on Conine right before he hit the 3-run shot...

FanOf14
04-23-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
And I thought the worst call of the game was going to be the missed third strike on Conine right before he hit the 3-run shot...

I didn't have the pleasure of seeing that one (had to hit the grocery store after work), but my mom mentioned it when I called her after Jiminez was called out at second when he was safe (the guy missed the tag and of course the ump was out of position to make the call)...

LuvSox
04-23-2003, 08:56 PM
Come on Jerry, yell, scream, kick some f'n dirt. At least protest the gaem. That ball was fair. 3-3 Sox, or at least it should be...

No kidding, drop your purse Nancy-Boy & argue with the ump!

balz1472
04-23-2003, 08:59 PM
Having ... a ... hard ... time ... watching ...

Did anyone else notice that we have ONE hit so far? WOW are we smoking the ball!

CHISOXFAN13
04-23-2003, 09:02 PM
No, we actually have two. The umpire took it away

TornLabrum
04-23-2003, 09:21 PM

A game cannot be protested on a judgment call, only on interpretation of the rules.

voodoochile
04-23-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
A game cannot be protested on a judgment call, only on interpretation of the rules.

Well thanks for the info. He's still fired...

:firejerry

cheeses_h_rice
04-23-2003, 09:35 PM
I turned off the game to watch my favorite "bad reality TV" shows, American Idol and The Bachelor. It's now 7-1. So, at least this loss will not rest solely on the shoulders of the umps who blew Crede's home run call. The Sox were just anemic.

duke of dorwood
04-23-2003, 09:44 PM
Bad calls DO change games and momentum.

MHOUSE
04-23-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I turned off the game to watch my favorite "bad reality TV" shows, American Idol and The Bachelor. It's now 7-1. So, at least this loss will not rest solely on the shoulders of the umps who blew Crede's home run call. The Sox were just anemic.

I think had we tied the game they might have put up more of a fight. That seemed to get the guys down. Then they got one the next inning and then the homer so I knew we would lay down. Had it been 3-3 I think there would have been more fight so it was the turning point in the game.

VERY blatant, I can't believe they missed it. Then Tinkerbell doesn't even argue! I mean come on judgement or not he has to complain about THAT! He should have complained when Frank got struck out on a check swing vs. Tigers (?) and then Gordon got robbed on a similar call later. Then he should have argued today. What a loser! Get tossed all ready or at least say something!

LetsGoSox_1
04-23-2003, 10:32 PM
What happened today was totaly ridiculous. The ball was at least eight feet fair, and the four blind mice called it foul? What does Jerry Manuel do? Stand there and take it like a *****. Show some fire for once! Get into the ump's face, and show him your not going to take garbage calls that cost you runs! I know the Sox were hammered by the Orioles 7-1, but let's show some desire, Manuel! Hopefully we can win the series tommorow, and go into the series against the Twins at The Cell on a positive note.

duke of dorwood
04-23-2003, 11:04 PM
Whats the difference, our manager is intimidated by the Twins too