PDA

View Full Version : Daily Illini bum strikes again!

FJA
04-23-2003, 03:52 PM
Matt Coldagelli, who you might remember as the guy whose box we flooded with e-mails upon his U.S. Cellular column (see thread U of I Bum Writers!) had this to say this week:

"Kansas City has been perhaps the biggest surprise of the season, bursting out of the gate to a 14-3 start. They were also subject to the obscenity that is White Sox fans when four fans made on-field appearances during their game last week at Comisk oops U.S. Cellular Field, one of them attacking an umpire. After last year's ugly incident that involved Kansas City coach Tom Gamboa being attacked by fans, you'd think the Royals would want to stay out of Chicago, except for the fact they get to play the White Sox there. KC has beaten the Sox four out of six times so far this year. Oh yeah, and the Cubs are in first place. I couldn't hold it in any longer."

The DI thankfully only ran his column online, but I, for one, am going to e-mail this guy and remind him that the "obscenity that is Cubs fans actually rushed the field," and that it's one thing to be biased, but quite another to be unprofessionally so. I've had more intelligent baseball conversations at bars.

Here's the link to the story:

http://www.dailyillini.com/apr03/apr23/sports/stories/sports_column02.shtml

and here's his e-mail if anyone else wants to tell this guy what's what:

sports@dailyillini.com OR
coldagel@uiuc.edu (his personal address)

You could also write opinions@dailyillini.com if you're interested in getting a letter published.

I used to work at the DI ... actually was the summer sports editor ... but you can rest assured I had nothing to do with this guy.

Hangar18
04-23-2003, 04:23 PM
Excellent. I just wrote the guy, and I didnt rip into him, just told him his writing with lack of research (Never Let Facts get in the Way of a Good Story Huh?) reflects very POORLY on him. Wonder if he'll write back???? nice email attachments man!! way to go