PDA

View Full Version : cancel baseball in toronto?

baggio202
04-23-2003, 03:27 PM
the CDC just put out a travel advisory about not going to toronto and if you do stay away from laerge crowds because of an outbreak of SARS..how does this effect baseball???..is anyone uncomfortable with the white sox going to toronto??...what about toronto coming to chicago after a home stand??...would it effect you going to a game...should the city refuse to let the blue jays come here???

has anyone heard anything from the players association on any plans they have to protect the players???

could make for an interesting summer

dllrbll7
04-23-2003, 03:30 PM
I heard on Fox news that they issued a statement to the players telling them not to sign autographs, be in crowded areas and other stuff like that.

czalgosz
04-23-2003, 03:34 PM
Well, MLB has already issued a warning to the 10 teams visiting Toronto between now and the All-Star break (one of which is the Sox).

I'm not sure that much more will happen. Right now, the mortality rate for SARS is being reported at 5.9%. Doesn't influenza have a higher mortality rate? This whole thing is getting blown way out of proportion.

baggio202
04-23-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Well, MLB has already issued a warning to the 10 teams visiting Toronto between now and the All-Star break (one of which is the Sox).

I'm not sure that much more will happen. Right now, the mortality rate for SARS is being reported at 5.9%. Doesn't influenza have a higher mortality rate? This whole thing is getting blown way out of proportion.

there is no way the flu has a higher mortality rate than 5.9%...if that was the case we would all be dead by now...that one death in 20..i know i have gotten the flu at least 20 times in my life...i usually get it once a year in the winter...even the more deadlier strains of flu like the hong kong flu wernt that high

the thing about SARS is how easily it spreads..3 heath care workers in toronto came down with it..and they were wearing full protective clothing...somehow it got through their clothing or it found a way to hang on something they got a hold of after they took off their clothing..

fuzzy_patters
04-23-2003, 03:52 PM
They should make it illegal for the Blue Jays to close their dome until this all blows over. It is not worth missing a few rain delays to have everyone inhailing the same circulated air.

Banix12
04-23-2003, 05:53 PM
Flu actually does have a higher mortality rate. The number shifts depending on what time of year the report is taken. At last check it was at 7.9. That's not to say that SARS isn't more dangerous. Flu we know how to control and we understand it for the most part and we can't say that about SARS yet. It's that lack of knowledge that has people taking all the necessary precautions as they should.