PDA

View Full Version : Poor Sammy?

MetalliSox
04-23-2003, 01:44 PM
At the risk of sounding like a crybaby Sox fan who wants equality for my team in a two team city, what is all the babying of Sosa after he was hit twice?

Frank has been hit 6 times so far. Where is the media sympathy?

Sosa got beaned in the head? So? He is fine! He had a helmet! Did his wife have a helmet on when she got hit with the rum bottle?

Man, I feel better!

ChiSoxKid
04-23-2003, 02:13 PM
I am disappointed he doesn't get beaned more often, given his little hop and the blown kisses and the chest tapping. I don't want anyone to get hurt, but I would like players who behave that way to be sent a message by the opposing pitcher.

dllrbll7
04-23-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxKid
I am disappointed he doesn't get beaned more often, given his little hop and the blown kisses and the chest tapping. I don't want anyone to get hurt, but I would like players who behave that way to be sent a message by the opposing pitcher.

Hopefully Clemens will take care of that when he comes to the urinal in acouple months

cheeses_h_rice
04-23-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
Hopefully Clemens will take care of that when he comes to the urinal in acouple months

He won't. He has to bat at Wrigley, and as we all know, Clemens is a little fraidy cat.

Rocklive99
04-23-2003, 03:21 PM
That's what I was thinking. Everybody's making such a big deal about it. "OMG, He's in the lineup after getting hit." He got the rest of the day off, there was an off day after that, and he's fine. Saying him going 0-3 with 3 ks is ok because he was hit is ridiculous. If I remember correctly, nobody even made a huge deal when he took 2-3 days off before the all star break for saying he was injured, but then was participating in the HR derby the next day. Damn media :angry:

CHISOXFAN13
04-23-2003, 03:32 PM
It's funny to hear the drillrod Chip Caray call Frank a baby when he gets pissed, but heaven forbod somebody hits Sammy

FarmerAndy
04-23-2003, 03:39 PM
First off, I can't stand Sammy. The guy makes me sick. I think he's selfish and his shameless showboating is just plain sickening.

That being said, I don't think the coverage was that big of a deal. I'll bet there still would've been heavy coverage of it even if it had been somebody else. Think about it. Getting beaned square in the head with a 90 mph fastball is going to make some news.

WhiteSoxWinner
04-23-2003, 03:43 PM
Yeah, and the second time he got hit, he got drilled in the @ss (whoa, that could be read the wrong way!). Getting hit in the behind has to be least painful place to get beaned. Quit all the sympathy. Suck it up Shamme!! Media, how about a few tears for Frank?

Chisox353014
04-23-2003, 04:12 PM
Speaking of Sammy getting hit, did anyone see a copy of the Red Streak today? In what has to go down as the most inessential use of a graphic I've ever seen, they had a diagram of the type of batting helmet Shammy was wearing when he got hit (i.e.-the same batting helmet every baseball player in the world uses). It had helpful descriptors of features like the "ear flap" on it, and a ridiculous inset showing the approximate area where the ball struck the helmet (apparently it struck the helmet on the helmet). I'll have to find another copy and scan it. I was laughing my arse off at how stupid the whole thing was. Only for Sham-me.

Dadawg_77
04-23-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
He won't. He has to bat at Wrigley, and as we all know, Clemens is a little fraidy cat.

Depends if Estes is pitching that day.

cheeses_h_rice
04-23-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Depends if Estes is pitching that day.

That's true. To Estes, Clemens is the proverbial "broad side of a barn"...

:)

T Dog
04-23-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
I don't think the coverage was that big of a deal. I'll bet there still would've been heavy coverage of it even if it had been somebody else. Think about it. Getting beaned square in the head with a 90 mph fastball is going to make some news.

You mean, like, if Paul Konerko got hit in the head by Kerry Wood?

LuvSox
04-23-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by T Dog
You mean, like, if Paul Konerko got hit in the head by Kerry Wood?

I had to be restrained from beating the crap out of some moron cub fan who thought that was funny. Good thing he was on the patio & I was in the RF seats. What I'm trying to say is 'F' Sosa, I'd hit him too!