PDA

View Full Version : Questions...

Tragg
08-17-2001, 10:28 PM
1)Does using pitchers 3 days in a row have a long term deleterious effect on their health?

2)Why did manuel pitch embree tonight? I think he's as lousy as they come - however, he usually gets bad lefty hitters out. He has now been used 3 days in a row (just like howry and foulke coming into tonight) and was used tonight when we were well behind in the 9th.

3)The gamecast I saw said that Ginter gave up the homer; the box score says Embree. Who was it?

4)Who did the Sox get for the solid reliever Chad Bradford? Was it as much as we gave up for Osuna? I recall that we basically gave bradford to the As.

5)6 of our pitchers have been on the d.l. this year for essentially the entire season (eldred, parque, simas, osuna, wunsch, wells/sirotka). Is it coincidenc or is there an issue here?

Jerry_Manuel
08-17-2001, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
1)Does using pitchers 3 days in a row have a long term deleterious effect on their health?

2)Why did manuel pitch embree tonight? I think he's as lousy as they come - however, he usually gets bad lefty hitters out. He has now been used 3 days in a row (just like howry and foulke coming into tonight) and was used tonight when we were well behind in the 9th.

3)The gamecast I saw said that Ginter gave up the homer; the box score says Embree. Who was it?

4)Who did the Sox get for the solid reliever Chad Bradford? Was it as much as we gave up for Osuna? I recall that we basically gave bradford to the As.

5)6 of our pitchers have been on the d.l. this year for essentially the entire season (eldred, parque, simas, osuna, wunsch, wells/sirotka). Is it coincidenc or is there an issue here?

1. Don't Know
2. Kip has pitched 2 days in a row as has Foulke and Howry
3. Embree
4. We got Miguel Olivo he is a catcher for us in AA
5. Don't Know

FarWestChicago
08-17-2001, 10:40 PM

Actually, and I could be wrong, I think Bradford has had his share of shellings this year. Solid may be a stretch.

Tragg
08-17-2001, 10:50 PM
He's got an ERA under 3.00 and have 27 Ks in 31 innings - solid enough.

The manager informs us that we got Olivo - if Olivo prevents josh paul from ever being called up again, it's a fair trade.

Jerry_Manuel
08-17-2001, 10:53 PM
The manager informs us that we got Olivo - if Olivo prevents josh paul from ever being called up again, it's a fair trade.

:versatile
To late I am already back with the team!

FarWestChicago
08-17-2001, 10:55 PM
He's got an ERA under 3.00 and have 27 Ks in 31 innings - solid enough.

That's incredible. I've seen him shelled on the local sports a few times. He gave up a salami to lose one game. My A's buddies used to give me hell about dumping him on them. He must have really turned it around.

Tragg
08-17-2001, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

To late I am already back with the team! :)

Are you serious? Geeze.

Maybe we should sign

:embree

to a 5 year contract and then sign

:jaime

as a free agent. What great batteries that would make.

Jerry_Manuel
08-17-2001, 11:08 PM
Are you serious? Geeze.

Yes sir he was called up last night.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-17-2001, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Yes sir he was called up last night.

Okay, now tell me this team isn't the very definition of "mediocre". Josh Paul is back!

Gag, wretch!

"Maybe I can get my gig back at CubsInteractive.com!"

HootieMcBoob
08-18-2001, 12:39 AM
Bradford has a decent ERA but he has 7 or 8 losses already as a reliever. And he spent part of the year in the minors. Remember when Paulie his a walk off job off him early in the year?