PDA

View Full Version : April MVP? No Question !


South Sider
04-23-2003, 09:03 AM
Just look at these lines !

IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST ERA
E. Loaiza (W, 1-0) 6 2/3 3 2 2 3 5 1 100-62 2.70

IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST ERA
E. Loaiza (W, 2-0) 8 2 0 0 0 3 0 100-67 1.23

IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST ERA
E. Loaiza (W, 3-0) 6 4 1 1 2 11 0 106-72 1.31

IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST ERA
E. Loaiza (W, 4-0) 8 1/3 4 1 1 0 8 1 101-70 1.24


YEAR G GS IP H R ER HR BB SO W L BAA ERA
2003 4 4 29.0 13 4 4 2 5 27 4 0 .131 1.24

Enough Said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biggest bust of April ????

No clear favorite

How 'bout Garland, Koch, Rowand or Konerko ????


Thanks for all your nice feedback on my post.
I've learned that Sox Fans can speak some german :smile:


Greetings from Berlin/Germany

Let's hope that young J.Stewart will beat them too tonight

balz1472
04-23-2003, 09:08 AM
I agree with you on all points except the point about Konerko, he typically does not do well until the weather warms up. Give him a month and he'll be money!

Our biggest problem is our pitching, they better do something to get Garland's and Koch's heads on straight ASAP or we'll be well out of the race come June 1.

TheBigHurt
04-23-2003, 09:09 AM
I would say biggest bust would be Gar-Boy :angry: becuase i had high expectations for him.....DON'T know what you guys thought about Garland before the season....SO for me he is the biggest-bust

*A side note i still thing Gar-Boy can rebound if hes given another chance :)

P.S. ISN'T Colon starting toknight, not Josh Stewart...... AT least thats what it thought

BE GOOD

thecell
04-23-2003, 09:17 AM
Colon v Jason Johnson...it's Colon time

Hangar18
04-23-2003, 09:24 AM
Im very happy for Estaban. Good For Him. All the writers and even some of us here didnt think too much of him, we were all talking about Rauch and Garland and Kenny Rogers. What a tremendous job hes doing and A pat on the back to Loiaza. I love seeing a guy overcoming odds and having success. Esteban, just keep doing this all year, so that noone says it was a Fluke. Were Behind you now 110% man

34 Inch Stick
04-23-2003, 09:50 AM
I think you have to say Koch has been the biggest bust. The others have only contributed to some of the losses. Koch was directly responsible for 3 and has rarely dominated.

Deutchland Uber Allen except the U.S.

Procol Harum
04-23-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by balz1472
I agree with you on all points except the point about Konerko, he typically does not do well until the weather warms up. Give him a month and he'll be money!


But he set the world on fire last spring. The particular problem with his slow start is that it's an extention of the last two months of '02 wherein he basically did zilch. That makes you begin to wonder if: a.) Pitchers have "solved" him; b.) He wasn't all that good, to begin with. Personally, I'm hoping he can snap out of it, but I'm beginning to be very suspicious that either points a or b, or a combination of the two, are the scoop on Mr. Konerko. I know for sure that his glove, speed and baserunning acumen don't exactly make up for his lack of average and power in recent months. The guy's a stinkin' Human Double Play Machine... :(:

Bobby Thigpen
04-23-2003, 10:01 AM
I would have to say Rowand has been the biggest disappointment. After all the talking up he got during the offseason, he has been terrible up to this point and has shown no signs of snapping out of it. I never thought he would be very good, but I had at least hoped he would be average.

South Sider
04-23-2003, 10:16 AM
Sorry guys!

I get messed up with the pitching rotation.


Colon will beat them today
and
Stewart will beat them tomorrow in their yard !!!!


I forgot that Daubach is a candidate too (biggest bust so far )

gosox41
04-23-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
But he set the world on fire last spring. The particular problem with his slow start is that it's an extention of the last two months of '02 wherein he basically did zilch. That makes you begin to wonder if: a.) Pitchers have "solved" him; b.) He wasn't all that good, to begin with. Personally, I'm hoping he can snap out of it, but I'm beginning to be very suspicious that either points a or b, or a combination of the two, are the scoop on Mr. Konerko. I know for sure that his glove, speed and baserunning acumen don't exactly make up for his lack of average and power in recent months. The guy's a stinkin' Human Double Play Machine... :(:


I thought the second biggest misktake the Sox made this past off season was to re-sign Konerko for the amt. of $$$ they did. Statistically he wasn't much better then Frank last season when comapring their OPS. Yet Frank gets a pay cut and Frank gets ar aise so that he is now making 60% more then Frank this season for basically putting up the same numbers.'


Bob

LetsGoSox_1
04-23-2003, 10:28 AM
Esteben Loaiza is definitely the MVP of April. I just hope he keeps the performances coming, because the thing that worries me is his history of doing well early and than falling. Keep it up Esteben! As for biggest bust? To me, it's Garland. I felt this would be his breakout time, and he has been very dissapointing thus far. I went to Monday's ball game, and he looked pretty piss poor out there. It just seems like mentally he's not ready.

TheBigHurt
04-23-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by South Sider



I forgot that Daubach is a candidate too (biggest bust so far )

YEAH but hes not a starter so its hard to say him............BUT we could consider him to make everyone happy :)

BE GOOD

MetalliSox
04-23-2003, 11:28 AM
I think an April MVP could be a tie between Loaiza and Jiminez. Two nice surprises.

Valentin has had a good first month as well.

balz1472
04-23-2003, 07:57 PM
Great call KHip.... Jimenez has been huge. Although he is NOT fast, he has been a great lead off man thus far. Hopefully that does not jinx him. :?: