PDA

View Full Version : 2:08

voodoochile
04-22-2003, 09:43 PM
That was the time of the game tonight. Seems that is the case a lot this year - short games. I think that's great. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sox were among the league leaders in shortest games. Buehrle, Bartolo and Loaiza all get it and throw it. Stewart too, when he is pitching well...

TornLabrum
04-22-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
That was the time of the game tonight. Seems that is the case a lot this year - short games. I think that's great. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sox were among the league leaders in shortest games. Buehrle, Bartolo and Loaiza all get it and throw it. Stewart too, when he is pitching well...

It also helps when the umps don't allow the batter to call time out when the pitcher is about to start his motion, as occurred tonight.

voodoochile
04-22-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
It also helps when the umps don't allow the batter to call time out when the pitcher is about to start his motion, as occurred tonight.

That was cracking me up. I can't hear the announcers and FSN never close captions the game. Is that what all the arguing was about in the 8th? Also, I didn't notice, did Surhoff get tossed?

Hairston tried to call time out when Loaiza had already started moving on the one that was called a strike.

Same thing happened to Frank the other day. He didn't get the time, but the pitcher stopped his motion. Then they gave him the TO, but it should have been a balk...

TheBigHurt
04-22-2003, 10:53 PM
I like short games :)

fuzzy_patters
04-22-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

I think that has made a difference. Cutting the time between innings from 2:30 to 2:00 has also made a big difference. Hopefully, Alderson will keep on the umps about this stuff. This is a big improvement.

LuvSox
04-23-2003, 07:39 AM
I like longer games, especially when I'm at the park. Baseball only lasts so long before winter sets in. I want to savor every moment of it. Give me a 3 hour game anyday.

sox_fan_forever
04-23-2003, 05:45 PM
I love the short games. I've really been enjoying them. Don't get me wrong, I love baseball and I'll always watch the games regardless of how long they are, but I like it when there is still daylight left after a night game has ended. It's kind of weird in a way.

czalgosz
04-23-2003, 06:14 PM
Well, I like long games, particularly on the East Coast, but that's just my selfish desire to catch as much of the game as possible after I get home from work. Last night I only saw the 9th inning. Oh well...