PDA

View Full Version : seriously

DustyIsOverated1
04-22-2003, 03:27 PM
If Wright comes back healthy enough to give us 100 strong pitches, heres our rotation

colon
buerhle
loiza
wright
stew

BP

Glove
White
Garland
Kelly
Marte
Flash
Koch

Demote Rowand, have rios play cf. Package him and porzio for a relief or set up man

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-22-2003, 03:36 PM
yeah im sure other teams will just jump at the chance to have mike porzio

MHOUSE
04-22-2003, 04:14 PM
Not a bad idea Dusty. I like the rotation. The BP should have Garland in long relief/mop up, then white or gordon and wunsch for the middle innings, then glover/marte setting up koch. That's a lot of pitchers to have and we might be best dealing Paul instead of rowand or porzio. I like Rowand and Porzio did well enough at the end of last year. Plus, we wouldn't get much for them.

DustyIsOverated1
04-22-2003, 04:42 PM
Your right, we would have enough depth in our bp to remain solid.

I too have been a proponent of dealing Pauly. But these questions always arise.....

1) Who plays first, Frank--then put daubach/Borchard at DH :?:

2)Will anyone pick up his contract, really...konerko is not a good player. I love his heart but when you face reality....he has had only one "pretty good" season, in 2000. :?:

3) What would we look for in a trade for pauly :?:

4) wheres the nearest bar :gulp:

MHOUSE
04-22-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by DustyIsOverated1
Your right, we would have enough depth in our bp to remain solid.

I too have been a proponent of dealing Pauly. But these questions always arise.....

1) Who plays first, Frank--then put daubach/Borchard at DH :?:

2)Will anyone pick up his contract, really...konerko is not a good player. I love his heart but when you face reality....he has had only one "pretty good" season, in 2000. :?:

3) What would we look for in a trade for pauly :?:

4) wheres the nearest bar :gulp:

I meant Josh Paul our catcher not Paul Konerko. I love Paulie and I hope he stays. JOSH Paul can go, he's just wasting a roster spot now.

hold2dibber
04-22-2003, 05:33 PM

I like Konerko and think he's a good guy to have on the team, but I agree that he is overrated by some. But "he's not a good player"? That's going too far. And how do you single out 2000 as his only "pretty good" season? Here are his avg., HR, RBI and OPS in '99 through '02:

1999: .294, 24, 81, .863
2000: .298, 21, 97, .844
2001: .282, 32, 99, .856
2002: .304, 27, 104, .857

He's no Jason Giambi, but if you don't think he's a good player, then you must think that Ordonez is the only good player on the Sox. If you think he was "pretty good" in 2000, why was he not at least "pretty good" in the other years, when his stats were at least as good, if not better (lowest OPS, lowest HR, next to lowest RBIs were all in 2000)?

jeremyb1
04-22-2003, 11:02 PM
If Wright comes back healthy enough to give us 100 strong pitches, heres our rotation

colon
buerhle
loiza
wright
stew

BP

Glove
White
Garland
Kelly
Marte
Flash
Koch

Demote Rowand, have rios play cf. Package him and porzio for a relief or set up man

the problems i see with that are 1) a lot can happen between now and the couple weeks it'll take for wright to be back into the rotation 2) manuel reported that if anyone gets demoted to make room for wright they will go to AAA not the pen 3) there's absolutely no reason to trade rowand when his value is at an all time low and we already have good bullpen depth

DustyIsOverated1
04-23-2003, 11:46 AM
I disagree, I think you can never have too much depth when it comes to pitching, especialy good depth.

As far as the post a couple lines up about Konerko......those stats are not impressive by any means. Frank Thomas gets ripped every year for putting up those types of stats. I like pauly, i say keep him around, he could bust out.....but he needs to produce soon or we are going to get the shaft at first this year. Put his second half and this first half together and compile some stats on that, he is overated, overpayed, and underachieving.

DIO