PDA

View Full Version : Even your "friends" from "old Europe" love the SOX

South Sider
04-22-2003, 02:26 PM
Hi to all of you Sox maniacs !!!!

I am a new member of WSI and just wanna say hello !!!

I live in Berlin/Germany and I am a really big SOX fan since the 1999 season (the last time I visited the beautiful city of Chicago)

I even play baseball (2nd Base) in a team called Berlin White Sox
(guess why..... :smile: :smile: :smile: )

I follow all of the Sox games via internet radio (gameday audio).
That is sometimes hard to do, because most of the games start at 2:05 a.m. local time. So you can be sure, that I don't get much sleep from April - October :smile:

Unfortunetly I can't see my SOX in real time.....but at least I get around 20-30 games in a season on tape !!!!

I am such a maniac that I keep all of these games. So I already have a collection of around 100 games since 1999.

Is there anybody out there who can match that number ?????

My favorite players are Jose Valentin, M.Buehrle and T.Graffanino
But I am also very impressed with young J.Stewart and E.Loaiza.
Hopefully he pitch well tonight and beat the O's.

The losing streak of two games (Tribe sucks) must come to an end, before we loose too much ground !!!!!!

Jose is in a slump right now, but I believe he can come out of it and match the numbers from the last three seasons. He was the main man in 2000 that lifted the Sox into the playoffs !!!!

The players I don't like are Garland (always a talent....but not much more, another Kip Wells !!!)

and

T.Gordon (go back to the cubs and bring back Biddle !!!!)

The players that I am missing are Simas, Perry, Singleton and yes.......Foulke !!!!

To hell with Koch.....I will loose all of my fantasy games just because of him. Just get 3 quick outs please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ERA of around 8.00. Not bad for a closer !!!!!!

The worst deal since 1999 was of course the Ritchie deal
(Keep K.Wells but bring back J.Fogg !!!!)

Looking forward for any feedback especially from the maniacs who also collects Sox games on tape.

Take care

and put it on the board....yes !!!!!!!

Sorry for my bad english !!!!

Daver
04-22-2003, 02:28 PM
Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

NC_sox_fan
04-22-2003, 02:39 PM
Hi and welcome. :smile:

Nice to know there are Sox fans in Europe. I'm curious as to how much information you get over there about baseball and if you keep up with the Sox minor leagues? I am surrounded by them down here in North Carolina and really enjoy it.

I also wish the Sox had kept JOSH FOGG. He and Foulke are greatly missed (by me, anyway!).

Hullett_Fan
04-22-2003, 02:48 PM
Guten Tag!

I miss Perry and I think the Sox clubhouse misses him as well.

I'm lucky to live in Chicago and see the Sox live on TV or at "The Cell...but it'd be cool to have some taped games from '83 (my favorite season).

GO SOX

34 Inch Stick
04-22-2003, 02:55 PM
Even the German guy can see that Garland sucks but Manuel cannot.

The Sox better pick it up or you will have enough tears to fill an Oktoberfest liter.

Welcome aboard.

By the way do we have any breakdown of how many states/countries are represented on this site?

Daver
04-22-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick

By the way do we have any breakdown of how many states/countries are represented on this site?

No we don't.

I know we have posters from England,Australia,Canada,Germany,and Spain right off the top of my head though.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-22-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by daver
No we don't.

I know we have posters from England, Australia, Canada, Germany, and Spain right off the top of my head though.

Here you go.

WSI's Top Visitor Countries (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/vbstats.php?action=country)

Germany is ranked seventh with a bullet! :smile:

How pathetic is Canada? Even El Salvador squeaked in ahead of them. The Chretien government is screwing up everything!!! :D:

Okay, and who is the joker from Oman that gave us one visit?

:)

OfficerKarkovice
04-22-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Here you go.

WSI's Top Visitor Countries (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/vbstats.php?action=country)

Germany is ranked seventh with a bullet! :smile:

How pathetic is Canada? Even El Salvador squeaked in ahead of them. The Chretien government is screwing up everything!!! :D:

Okay, and who is the joker from Oman that gave us one visit?

:)

I wanna know where the hell the 2 visits from Sierra Leone came from...that's like the poorest country in the entire world. Somebody seems to have found a computer over there tho.

LuvSox
04-22-2003, 03:43 PM
Puerto Rico only 1? Sox need some scouts down there.

Du gut Weib Socke vereh'rer South Sider :D:

Hangar18
04-22-2003, 04:08 PM
Hey SouthSider Vie Gets. Mir Get Aus Gut.
I plan on a European jaunt sometime really soon, and London
and Berlin are the 2 cities I plan on visiting. Ive met a couple of british sox fans, and now a berliner. excellent. You must show me where to find good sauerkraut and Bier

Fisk72
04-22-2003, 04:24 PM
Wecome to WSI! My brother is in the Air Force and will be stationed out in Ramstein AFB out there come next month. While I can't wait to go out there for Oktoberfest, I'm gonna try my hardest to keep him up to date with Sox games. Any idea what it would cost to ship a tape or two out there? Well, since the Flubs have the media market pretty well brainwashed here (wait a minute, they pretty much OWN the media), I say we start trying to get some foreign influence on our side!

whitesoxwilkes
04-22-2003, 04:25 PM
Herzliche Wilkommen, South Sider!

sox_fan_forever
04-22-2003, 04:33 PM
Welcome, South Sider!

Procol Harum
04-22-2003, 05:18 PM
Welkommen, gnarly Deutsch Dude! I will munch a sauerkraut churro in your honor at my next Sox game--NOT!! Whatever the case, you've got great taste in American baseball teams!

Procol Harum
04-22-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Here you go.

Rule Britannia, Britannia dominates the WSI foreign visitor rankings....

My British homies not only be backin' us in the Gulf, they got our backs on the South Side! Makes me downright teary-eyed with pride to be able to trace my forebears back to Alban's shores. This adds greatly to my theory that Winnie Churchill could've added some real right-handed power to the early '00s Sox outfield....

TheBigHurt
04-22-2003, 05:25 PM
WOW i am surprised Canada is 4th thought they be 2nd........Italy down in the middle of the pack is surprising. WHY no visitors from Iraq???.....WAIT is that supposed to be in teal???

Irishsoxfan
04-23-2003, 02:04 AM
You obviously get the Pontel tapes. I have about 50 from 2000 onwards. I have kept the 2000 tapes but regularly give away the others to my baseball team mates (Dublin Black Sox), work mates or kids to 'spread the word of baseball and the Sox'.
Ireland in eight spot! I assume thats views/visits and not posts.
I miss Perry most of all and for some reason, Sean Lowe.

hsnterprize
04-23-2003, 06:30 AM
Hey South Sider...

Welcome to the WSI Boards. You'll find some great Sox fans posting here. We're very passionate about our team, and the more support for this club...the better.