PDA

View Full Version : Best team in the AL

Risk
04-22-2003, 10:15 AM
I know it's early, but who do you think is the team to beat in the AL? As much as I hate to admit it, it looks like the mercs on the Yanks. Granted, their in what I believe is a weak division (only competition is supposed to by Boston, but I think they and their "whiz kid" GM Epstein are a complete joke), but they just absolutely tarred the Twins in the Rollerdome this weekend, which in my book is tough to do.

TheBigHurt
04-22-2003, 10:18 AM
TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuzzy_patters
04-22-2003, 11:05 AM
You have to pick the Yankees until the Mariners and A's prove their new managers are as good as their old managers, and until the Angels prove that last year wasn't a fluke.

NUCatsFan
04-22-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Risk
I know it's early, but who do you think is the team to beat in the AL? As much as I hate to admit it, it looks like the mercs on the Yanks. Granted, their in what I believe is a weak division (only competition is supposed to by Boston, but I think they and their "whiz kid" GM Epstein are a complete joke), but they just absolutely tarred the Twins in the Rollerdome this weekend, which in my book is tough to do.

I, too, go with the Yankees so far this year. One simple stat. Outhomering their opponents by over 30 home runs (35 to 4, or something like that).

Foulke You
04-22-2003, 11:44 AM
The Yanks rotation looks to be firing on all cylinders right now but remember it is April. We'll see how the aging arms of David Wells, Roger Clemens, and Mike Mussina are throwing in a couple months when the weather heats up to 90 degrees, I tend to think they won't keep this pace. You might start to see some chinks in the armor then but right now, they are the best in the AL. Also, talk about OWNING the Twins. NY has 15 straight wins over the Twinks dating back to last year.

The Royals come a close second. I have to hand it to those pain in the @$$es, they are playing good ball right now with their top player on the injured list to boot. However, I don't think they'll keep this pace and will eventually fall back down the pack.

Keep your eye on those Angels. Nobody has given the defending champs a shot this year to repeat, but I believe last year was no fluke and they will hit their stride like they did after last year's slow start.

calebhatesyou
04-22-2003, 12:31 PM
the yankees for sure, but i'd rather save playing that type of ball for later in the year.

TheBigHurt
04-22-2003, 12:35 PM
:angry: :angry: OF course its the dam Yankmees but it doesnt mean us or anyone else cant beat them in october :)

BE GOOD

WhiteSoxWinner
04-22-2003, 06:15 PM
Have to say the Yankees. There pitching staff is like 15-0. And if one of them goes down, they have Conteras in the minors (where he should have started regardless of all else) who should be able to step in.