PDA

View Full Version : Coming to Chi-town for the weekend...

OKCSoxFan
04-21-2003, 11:17 PM
and will be at the Sox game Saturday night. Can't wait.

Anyone else planning on going Saturday? Need to meet up with RedPinStripes or whatever the heck he calls himself these days...

P.S. -- anyone have a ticket they won't be using?

And looking at the Weather predictions, I guess I won't need to pack my shorts and sandals....

Hangar18
04-22-2003, 07:49 AM
Why not going to the Friday Nite Game?

steff
04-22-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Why not going to the Friday Nite Game?

Yeah, why not. We'll be there too!!

Sad
04-22-2003, 09:32 AM
Im going again this Saturday-
went yesterday and now it looks like Garland'll be up again

ugh...
Im liking this guy less and less

he seemed a bit cocky on the post-game interview I thought for such an embarassing outing...

also-
anyone know where Grandstand is?
I want to get a jersey personalized and the SOX wont do it for me
they mentioned Grandstand?

does anybody know if they sell patches/ personalize jerseys that are not bought from them?

any website/ phone numbers?

can I safely walk there before the game?

any help is appreciated

Hangar18
04-22-2003, 09:37 AM
Grandstand is about 3 blks WEST of the ballpark. its on 35th
and Wallace. Yes, they do a Fantastic Job personalizing the jerseys with Numbers/Names. They use the same Letters/Numbers that are on the real uniforms, so definitely have them do it. They have some already numbered, but will do yours with whatever number you want, Usually takes about 1 week to get done. They call you when its done. Tell them Hangar18 sent you.....

LuvSox
04-22-2003, 10:53 AM
Made a stop in there yesterday, haven't been in a long time. Awesome store, they've got everything.

Foulke You
04-22-2003, 11:34 AM
Yes, Grandstand is the place for your jersey needs and it is quite safe to walk there. Just a short stroll from the ballpark in the Bridgeport neighborhood. Be sure to go before the game since they close up the store relatively early (7 or 8PM I think). Last time I was there they had Konerko, Thomas, Ordonez, and Valentin jerseys pre made and they'll customize any player you want but it usually takes a week or so. I've gotten great service there. Below is a link to their site. I'll be at the Saturday game too, booing down Torii Hunter and Doug Mienkewiecz :D:

Grandstand (http://www.grandstandsox.com)

voodoochile
04-22-2003, 11:53 AM
I'll be there Saturday also, and may have an extra ticket. The seat is in the UD and with the fireworks, we will probably have to actually sit there - no big deal, good seats close to home, half way up.

Iwritecode
04-22-2003, 12:14 PM
Well that just figures...

Everyone is going Friday or Saturday and I'll be there on Sunday (because of kid's day). :(:

I'm using the 4 tickets I got from the Soxfest package and decided to bring my two oldest daughters to their first major league game.

Oh well. I'll be at one of the Cubs/Sox games again this year so maybe I can catch up with a few of you guys then... :cool:

Sad
04-22-2003, 12:22 PM
thanks for the info folks!
:smile:
I'm gonna stroll over there Sat before the game and have them do my jerseys

TornLabrum
04-22-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Grandstand is about 3 blks WEST of the ballpark. its on 35th
and Wallace. Yes, they do a Fantastic Job personalizing the jerseys with Numbers/Names. They use the same Letters/Numbers that are on the real uniforms, so definitely have them do it. They have some already numbered, but will do yours with whatever number you want, Usually takes about 1 week to get done. They call you when its done. Tell them Hangar18 sent you.....

Heck, join the Windy City Sox Fans and get a 10% discount (with membership card).