PDA

View Full Version : Garcia?

A.T. Money
04-21-2003, 03:36 PM
Is this Garcia, or is this Giambi?

It doesn't matter who is pitching, this guy is a nightmare. Wow, who the hell are these bums taking our pitchers deep?

Garcia terrorized us all weekend.

hold2dibber
04-21-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon

It doesn't matter who is pitching, this guy is a nightmare. Wow, who the hell are these bums taking our pitchers deep?

IIRC, Garcia annihilated Sox' pitching last year, too. He's like Randa or Sweeney (or Jim Ganter of the Brewers in the '80s) - he just demolishes White Sox pitching.

A.T. Money
04-21-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
IIRC, Garcia annihilated Sox' pitching last year, too. He's like Randa or Sweeney (or Jim Ganter of the Brewers in the '80s) - he just demolishes White Sox pitching.

Good God man. I'm so glad we're going to Baltimore for 3 days. I think we were getting too comfortable for the 7 games.

Chisox353014
04-21-2003, 03:41 PM
The more pressing question is: Billy Koch?
What the hell is wrong with this guy?
:angry: :angry:

THE_HOOTER
04-21-2003, 03:43 PM
There's nothing wrong with him, he just sucks.

A.T. Money
04-21-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
The more pressing question is: Billy Koch?
What the hell is wrong with this guy?
:angry: :angry:

I'm sick of Koch getting blamed for everything.

We are getting smoked, Koch is pitching an inning when he doesn't even have to. In case you haven't noticed, Garcia has lit all of our pitchers up.

SoxxoS
04-21-2003, 03:48 PM
SoxDemon-
What is wrong with Koch is something that needs to be addressed. Nobody is blaming him for everything, but getting pummeled every time you take the bump is cause for concern. Especially as a closer.

BTW, should I count this outing as a bad outing on my Billy Koch watch? I think so.

Chisox353014
04-21-2003, 03:51 PM
I'm sick of Koch getting blamed for everything.

We are getting smoked, Koch is pitching an inning when he doesn't even have to. In case you haven't noticed, Garcia has lit all of our pitchers up.

Well obviously Koch didn't leave 14 guys on base or hit into any double plays today, but it's not exactly encouraging that our supposedly fabulous closer is 50% on saves with an 8.68 ERA.

Hullett_Fan
04-21-2003, 04:11 PM

I'm enjoying it...kind of. Garcia's on my fantasy squad! (I'm in a 10 team, AL-only league). :D:

I do root for the Sox to win though. :(: :angry:

MHOUSE
04-21-2003, 08:02 PM
Someone said he has torn up the sox the last three years? I had never heard of the guy before this season and I usually have a good memory and pay attention to players in all sports. Well he certainly knows how to smoke us.

hose
04-21-2003, 09:19 PM

I'm sure the Cleveland pitchers feel the same way about Carlos Lee after this weekend.

baggio202
04-21-2003, 09:42 PM
trade lee for garcia??? :smile:

MHOUSE
04-21-2003, 10:55 PM
I was hard on Lee when he looked terrible early this season, but he came around for sure! Perhaps when his value is high we could trade him for a CF, move Maggs to LF and bring up Borchard? It's dream, but perhaps a possibility?

Daver
04-21-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
I was hard on Lee when he looked terrible early this season, but he came around for sure! Perhaps when his value is high we could trade him for a CF, move Maggs to LF and bring up Borchard? It's dream, but perhaps a possibility?

Borchard is your CFer.

I have to wonder why everyone doubts his ability to play the position,if Darrin Erstad can play there Joe can show him how it's done.

Jjav829
04-22-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by daver
Borchard is your CFer.

I have to wonder why everyone doubts his ability to play the position,if Darrin Erstad can play there Joe can show him how it's done.

Not quite sure what you mean by that. Erstad is one of the best defensive CFer's in the game, if not the best.

:?: