PDA

View Full Version : How pissed off do you get?

A.T. Money
04-21-2003, 03:23 PM
Obviously, Sox fans are the type to get pissed off when our team loses or performs poorly.

The question is: How pissed off do you get?

I get so irritated that I begin to have a shorter fuse at work. LOL.

It was short to begin with. :angry:

voodoochile
04-21-2003, 03:25 PM
I have to stop watching the game. Sitting there watching crap like this is just way to frustrating. I'm glad I didn't go down like I was thinking of doing...

A.T. Money
04-21-2003, 03:28 PM
I hear ya loud n clear. Unfortunately, I can't stop listening or watching. I'm like an addict.

That's the only positive, when you say you're glad you didn't go to the game. When you have a team this good, and you're playing a team you should beat, nothing is a bigger slap in the face than the Sox laying a big egg.

cheeses_h_rice
04-21-2003, 03:29 PM
This year, I've been taking most of the losses in stride. I mean, it's not that I'm happy about the Sox losing or playing poorly, but I guess overall I'm not too disappointed with the results, so far.

Last year, though, I was at the game against the Yankees when Manuel took out Burly, only to have Foulke blow the game with a 3-1 lead (when Giambi cinched it with a crushing homer to RF), and that really made me snap. I left the park right away, barely saying goodbye to the friends who had met us at the game. I was so pissed off with the team that I didn't watch a game for a week; I basically gave up on the team for the year after that. You could just tell that the team was done for after losing that game that way; it was a huge game, symbolically and psychologically, and they blew it.

This year, I dunno. Maybe it's that I don't expect much out of the Sox. I think they'll probably win the division and I have hopes that they'd advance to the ALCS, but maybe deep down I don't quite feel it...

Kilroy
04-21-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
I hear ya loud n clear. Unfortunately, I can't stop listening or watching. I'm like an addict.

That's the only positive, when you say you're glad you didn't go to the game. When you have a team this good, and you're playing a team you should beat, nothing is a bigger slap in the face than the Sox laying a big egg.

Hey, I know what that's like. I'm working, I know what's happening so far, and I still have every intention of watching the tape of this game when I get home. That way I can complain about how bad they sucked.

But, lets' be real. Just like in any sport, any MLB team can beat any other MLB team, on any given day. Sometimes it's just not your day...

whitesoxwilkes
04-21-2003, 03:34 PM
I get really po'ed at work. My co-workers can always tell when i'm watching the game on gamecast,and most of them are Flub fans.

At home, I'll turn the TV to another channel for about 5 minutes and then flip it back.

At the park, I just order another beer.

MetalliSox
04-21-2003, 03:36 PM
I get pissed when we blow games like the KC ones and the Yanks last year.
Games like today, as sucky as Garland is, I don't think it would of mattered who we threw out there, The Tribe was just swinging and we aren't getting guys in off Westbrook who is looking good.

It is frustrating to get two on an nobody out and then see Konerko ground into a DP.

Sometimes you just have to give the other team credit, even if it is the Tribe.

Juan Pizarro
04-21-2003, 03:48 PM
I get really snappy, which is my downfall anyway.

Chisox353014
04-21-2003, 04:47 PM
I have a pretty bad temper to begin with, but with Bill $$$$$elf heading off to KU and the Sox rolling over the last 2 days, I pretty much look like this :angry: right now.

RKMeibalane
04-21-2003, 04:55 PM
If the game is televised, I usually just turn it off. If I following it with Gamecast, I close that window and look at other web-sites.

jeremyb1
04-21-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
I have a pretty bad temper to begin with, but with Bill $$$$$elf heading off to KU and the Sox rolling over the last 2 days, I pretty much look like this :angry: right now.

last couple days have definately been really rough.

WhiteSoxWinner
04-21-2003, 06:07 PM
If I'm at home, I'll turn it when they are playing Corpseball. If they aren't showing any effort, I won't bother to watch. If I am at the game, I just keep bitching with whoever I am there with. It is the worst when I am at the game thinking, "I paid $15 to park, at least another $14 for the ticket, and as much for one beer at the park as it would cost for a whole 6 pack at home to watch this crap?"

From eveyone's description, looks like am glad I missed this one.

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-21-2003, 06:42 PM
i get "Moderatley pissed"

LuvSox
04-21-2003, 07:15 PM
This would have been a good day for a win, with KC off & the Twinks losing again. I have to say it again.......

:firejerry

Today was the day I predicted him to be fired ( in another thread.) Just under 6 hours left.......... :(:

sox_fan_forever
04-21-2003, 07:57 PM
For me, it depends on where the particular game is in the season and how the Sox have been playing overall. Yesterday and today I didn't get too worked up about the losses for some reason. Obviously, I wish they would have won, but it didn't make me feel as bad as it usually does. Don't ask me why.... Maybe I'm just learning to take things in stride more. Or maybe it's because you could tell early on that they weren't going to win. Games where the pitching or defense blows it late in the game are the ones I get really pissed about. Sometimes I'll change the channel for a minute or turn the radio off, but I always end up going back to it. I can't stay away even when I'm miserable.

duke of dorwood
04-21-2003, 08:00 PM
I get disgusted, and turn it off. I've seen enuf corpseball with the Manual regime to stick with it very long any more

Wsoxmike59
04-21-2003, 08:36 PM
If the Sox are having a good year any loss is tough to take, but if they are out of contention by June or July I take 'em in stride. But definitely we've had some tough losses already this young season.

The Tuesday night debacle last week vs KC, I walked out of the park in the top of the 9th after Koch gave up his 4th run of the inning. I couldn't take it any more!!

It's usually the heartbreaking 9th inning losses that stay with me long afterward. It seems we suffer more of those debilitating losses during a season than we do last at bat come from behind victories.

Risk
04-22-2003, 11:24 AM
Usually I only get pissed when the Sox just totally play half-a##ed and they give the game away to the opposing team. There is absolutely no reason why this team should not average 5-6 runs a game. :angry: A perfect example of that would be in the loss to Detroit where it seemed that they left enough guys on base to fill the ranks of the 24th Mechanized Infantry Division. That was frustrating. Another example was against KC when they should have one at least two of three in the opening series at KC and game 1 of last weeks series (henceforth the "drillrod" game).

:angry: :angry:

TheBigHurt
04-22-2003, 11:29 AM
:angry: :angry: :angry: IM trying to think what i do.........

fuzzy_patters
04-22-2003, 11:59 AM
Actually, if I avoid this site if I'm mad at the Sox. I try to just forget about the Sox until I can calm down. However, I'm starting to worry about this year's team, so I couldn't forget about them yesterday. I may start venting here, instead.

Hangar18
04-22-2003, 11:59 AM
I get mad when they lose, but I GET ESPECIALLY VERY ANGRY
when they come-from-ahead and Lose Games, or when Jerry Manuel makes a bad move and Causes the Team to Lose (as hes done 3X already and were not in May yet) At those Times, If im with people, I have to just keep quiet and cool off alittle bit.
Conversely, when they win, im upbeat and things are ok in the world. This sounds perverse, and I dont know how/when this started, but Im sure its a Psychological Flipping of the Finger to the Chicago Media, but when the Cubs Lose, Im very Happy about it, and I feel really good. I will tell you. It Is THISCLOSE
when it comes to a Sox WIN vs. Cub LOSS. You can imagine how I feel when a sox win and cub loss happen on the same day......Or when they play each other.......

TheBigHurt
04-22-2003, 12:43 PM
I sing a song