PDA

View Full Version : Daubach SUCKS

Blueprint1
04-21-2003, 02:11 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that.

Unregistered
04-21-2003, 02:18 PM
And Konerko can hit into a double play like nobody's business.

If somehow history was changed and the object of the game was to strand as many runners in scoring position with less than 2 outs as possible, we'd be pretty damn hard to beat this year...

Spiff
04-21-2003, 02:20 PM
having watched daubach with the red sox for many years, i can tell you that he is one of the streakiest hitters in the majors. just look at what he was doing in the spring, compared to now. soon he'll bust out of it, and everyone will rejoice at what a steal he was.

Blueprint1
04-21-2003, 02:21 PM
good point Konerko hits into ALOT of DP's i'm getting real sick of not being able to score runs when our pitcher doesnt throw a gem.

MHOUSE
04-21-2003, 02:54 PM
I didn't know that about Daubach. I haven't watched him much. Everyone talks like he is such a steal and consistent veteran, but I haven't seen anything yet. Hopefully he'll snap out of it. Hopefully......

gosox41
04-21-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
I didn't know that about Daubach. I haven't watched him much. Everyone talks like he is such a steal and consistent veteran, but I haven't seen anything yet. Hopefully he'll snap out of it. Hopefully......

He is a consistent veteran...consistently bad.

voodoochile
04-21-2003, 03:11 PM
I would bet he is having a hard time adjusting to his limited role.

harwar
04-21-2003, 03:21 PM
P.K. is a pretty smart guy so i can't figure out why he is trying to pull everything.He lit up the american league during the first half by using the whole field.After the all star game and the home run contest he started pulling the ball and the rest is history.All winter i heard that it was his foot injury that was holding him back but i knew better.I guess one day he'll wake up and figure its time to start spraying the ball to all fields again.

SoxxoS
04-21-2003, 03:37 PM
A lot of our hitters, (cough, cough, Frank, Konerko, Daubach) are so obviously trying to pull the ball, it's funny. I haven't seen ANY of those guys get a solid hit the opposite way (I am not counting Konerko's pop up on Saturday that garcia should have cought). Not one. Seriously. I remember Mags in the 4th or 5th game was kind of struggling a bit. There was a man on 2nd nobody out. He needed to go to right field to sac. the runner. He stayed back beautifully, and laced a single into right. Since then he has been tearing the cover off the ball. Hopefully the 3 players above will have to do that as well, because they are clueless at the plate.

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-21-2003, 05:16 PM
OK all of the daubach bashers, i ask you this.

if daubach isnt on the roster, who is?

i doubt willie harris would be leading the league in batting?

T Dog
04-21-2003, 05:27 PM
Daubach certainly started today because he had gone 3 for 4 lifetime against Westbrook. Of course, I didn't see the hits. The were either in Cleveland, Boston or New York, when the Sox were somewhere else.

My guess is that he is getting enough playing time to hit as well as he's able. If he played every day at first, he might be doing better than Konerko. And there could still be reason to complain.

Today, the leftfield scoreboard showed Konerko's stats, telling us he didn't have any triples. Like we couldn't have guessed that. One reason Konerko hits into so many double plays is that he hits the ball hard and he is slow. Ordonez hits into a lot of double plays, too, and he has more speed down the line. I like our hitters. I just think that most of them are still looking for their groove.

LuvSox
04-21-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
OK all of the daubach bashers, i ask you this.

if daubach isnt on the roster, who is?

Josh Paul? No, he's already there.

duke of dorwood
04-21-2003, 06:49 PM
Daubach has looked bad against RIGHT handers. Konerko is flat not hitting. You think its possible that the master manager could play Daubach over Konerko and NOT bat him in Konerko's spot?

RKMeibalane
04-21-2003, 06:51 PM
I wonder if Manuel would consider hitting Frank behind Magglio, but still in front of Konerko. Frank would see better pitches to hit, which would help him get going. He has been much more patient at the plate thus far, and that's good sign. The run production isn't there yet, but at least he isn't forcing things as much as he was last season. That was awful.

mack10zie
04-21-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I wonder if Manuel would consider hitting Frank behind Magglio, but still in front of Konerko. Frank would see better pitches to hit, which would help him get going. He has been much more patient at the plate thus far, and that's good sign. The run production isn't there yet, but at least he isn't forcing things as much as he was last season. That was awful.

Good point. It's a VERY good sign that Frank is still getting a solid amount of walks considering how poorly he's been hitting. A .423 OBP is pretty damn good when you're only batting .218.

MHOUSE
04-21-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Daubach has looked bad against RIGHT handers. Konerko is flat not hitting. You think its possible that the master manager could play Daubach over Konerko and NOT bat him in Konerko's spot?

I don't think a .056 average has much to do with the pitchers. He's hitting badly in general.

Iguana775
04-22-2003, 08:25 AM
:fireward

TheBigHurt
04-22-2003, 08:27 AM

I wouldnt be too sure of that :)

MHOUSE
04-22-2003, 08:53 AM

He's leading AAA isn't he? He was 4-4 the other night.

TheBigHurt
04-22-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
He's leading AAA isn't he? He was 4-4 the other night.

:whiner: :whiner:....IN joy, Wee Wee Willie is still growing up........................