PDA

View Full Version : Well....

mack10zie
04-20-2003, 08:42 PM
Considering the fact that we were down 2.5 games going into the weekend and we were playing a real major league team while the team we were trying to catch was playing a team at about the high school level ending the weekend down only 3.5 games isn't so bad. Yeah, it ended on a disappointing note, but Buehrle will bounce back. We got strong outings from Bartolo and Stewart and our bats came out in the first two games of the series (especially those of Carlos and D'Angelo). All in all, while a win today would have been great, I'll take what we got this weekend.

TornLabrum
04-20-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by mack10zie
Considering the fact that we were down 2.5 games going into the weekend and we were playing a real major league team while the team we were trying to catch was playing a team at about the high school level ending the weekend down only 3.5 games isn't so bad. Yeah, it ended on a disappointing note, but Buehrle will bounce back. We got strong outings from Bartolo and Stewart and our bats came out in the first two games of the series (especially those of Carlos and D'Angelo). All in all, while a win today would have been great, I'll take what we got this weekend.

And don't forget, we get one more crack at them tomorrow afternoon.

calebhatesyou
04-20-2003, 08:54 PM
i can't be as mad about today as a would be knowing that the whitesox lost to a lesser team. we had a good run going. if we win two out of three all season long i'll be stoked (that would be over 100 wins)

mack10zie
04-20-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
And don't forget, we get one more crack at them tomorrow afternoon.

Yup, a nice little 3 out of 4 series win would be real nice.

CHISOXFAN13
04-20-2003, 09:08 PM
I love the fact that Minn and KC play this week. If we take care of business, something will good happen regardless.

Bisco Stu
04-20-2003, 09:16 PM
And then at Baltimore. Another 2 out of 3. Just win 2 out of 3 on a consistent basis and we're a playoff team. Even the worst teams win 1 out of every 3, though the Tiggers are challenging that notion.

Daver
04-20-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
And then at Baltimore. Another 2 out of 3. Just win 2 out of 3 on a consistent basis and we're a playoff team. Even the worst teams win 1 out of every 3, though the Tiggers are challenging that notion.

The Charlotte Knights could probably take 2 out of 3 from the Tiggers.........

:)

baggio202
04-20-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by daver

i think they could sweep um :)

Lip Man 1
04-21-2003, 10:17 AM
I am concerned about one thing though and that's the fact that the Royals (so far) have lost one game combined to the Indians and Tigers (including 9th inning wins the past two days) so far this year.

The Sox have already lost three games to them including giving the "minor league" Tigers their only win of the season.

It's unrealistic to expect a team to go undefeated against another opponent no matter how bad they are but will the Royals ever lost to those clowns?

Lip

czalgosz
04-21-2003, 10:46 AM

Speaking of Charlotte, has anyone else noticed that Joe Borchard hasn't played in about a week? Is he hurt? Did I miss a story?

TheBigHurt
04-21-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Speaking of Charlotte, has anyone else noticed that Joe Borchard hasn't played in about a week? Is he hurt? Did I miss a story?

:?: :?: :o: :o: :whiner: :whiner:

Daver
04-21-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by czalgosz

Tendenitis in his wrist.He should be back this week.

czalgosz
04-21-2003, 11:30 AM
Tendenitis in his wrist.He should be back this week.

Thanks. Hopefully he'll be okay.

mack10zie
04-21-2003, 07:12 PM
Dead that, I'm now officially pissed about this weekend if we include today's game since most of the league had the day off. I'd be alright with a decent showing, but this was a very bad performance. Gotta bounce back against the O's and gain some MO for the Twins series.

delben91
04-21-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by mack10zie
Dead that, I'm now officially pissed about this weekend if we include today's game since most of the league had the day off. I'd be alright with a decent showing, but this was a very bad performance. Gotta bounce back against the O's and gain some MO for the Twins series.

I went to an O's game at the very beginning of the season (3rd game of the year I believe). I don't know if anything's changed since then, but their offense is absolutely wretched...Detroit-esque even; at least it was that night.

If we get something even resembling decent pitching, we should be able to take 2 of 3. And if the bats ever wake up....