PDA

View Full Version : Bartolo Colon....

DaGame2584
04-20-2003, 04:04 PM
Have you guys heard anything The Sox re-signing Colon after the season? Or will he just Replace David Wells or Roger Clemens in the Yankees Rotation? What's the chances of us re-signing him?

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-20-2003, 04:09 PM
haven't heard anything yet, but it should be the white sox #1 priority the way he has been pitching as of late

Lip Man 1
04-20-2003, 07:50 PM
The history of the Sox under Jerry Reinsdorf since about 1985 has been to refuse to sign pitchers to long term, mega salary deals. (I guess Floyd Bannister was the last one that I recall)

I would be shocked if the Sox were able (or willing) to meet Colon's asking price after the season especially if he has another good year.

Lip

WinningUgly!
04-20-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
The history of the Sox under Jerry Reinsdorf since about 1985 has been to refuse to sign pitchers to long term, mega salary deals. (I guess Floyd Bannister was the last one that I recall)

I would be shocked if the Sox were able (or willing) to meet Colon's asking price after the season especially if he has another good year.

Lip

"I think you're forgetting about me!"

:jaime

Daver
04-20-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
"I think you're forgetting about me!"

:jaime

I really hate that tag............

WinningUgly!
04-20-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

I think there's a decent chance that Colon could end up staying with the Sox. He seems to be the type of guy that shys away from the media spotlight, so NY probably wouldn't be as attractive to him as it usually is to other top tier free agents. After bouncing around over 3 teams in the last year, my guess is Bartolo is ready to stay put, especially if this team is competitive. Of course, it all comes down to JR opening up his wallet. :(:

WinningUgly!
04-20-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by daver
I really hate that tag............

I have a feeling you're not alone on that. :redneck

MHOUSE
04-21-2003, 12:32 AM
If Colon has a good year and the Sox make the playoffs then JR better damn well sign Bartolo AND Buehrle. Unless we just bomb (which I think is unlikely) then why would you let Colon leave? It would be stupid. If he continues to stifle Buehrle as well and he ends up a Cardinal then I will be so pissed I can't even start. I think the dream is Buehrle-Colon to become the southside Johnson-Schilling. However, we could see Colon in the Yankmee rotation and Buehrle pitching against Shamee if JR is a cheapo. Please god RESIGN THEM!

TheBigHurt
04-21-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
I have a feeling you're not alone on that. :redneck

NO you 2 are not alone!!!!!!! :)