PDA

View Full Version : Fan sorry about being a dumba$$

Tavarin
04-20-2003, 03:07 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2003/0420/1541617.html

T Dog
04-20-2003, 05:00 PM
Felony charges have a way of inspiring remorse.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-20-2003, 05:53 PM
Six beers at the Urinal, and six more at the Cell. Yeah, I'm sure this guy had his whole game plan mapped out.

That's what scary about throwing the book as this numbskull. The next idiot to get this drunk won't think twice about doing the same thing. Nobody can possibly be thinking straight while that inebriated.

calebhatesyou
04-20-2003, 08:31 PM
PHG,
those numbers on his consuption have got to be understated. that's only 12 beers over like 6 hours. that's not a ton of beer for anybody whose been drunk on any kind of regemented schedule (i'm not saying he is a drunk, but he should have a tollerence). unless you are talking about like 320z. beers, but that would be like $100, and in that casehe might have looked in his wallet and though he bought a ticket for the feild. or as you contend he would have been so drunk he actually thought he was alive in the period when fans watched a game from the feild.

TornLabrum
04-20-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by calebhatesyou
PHG,
those numbers on his consuption have got to be understated. that's only 12 beers over like 6 hours. that's not a ton of beer for anybody whose been drunk on any kind of regemented schedule (i'm not saying he is a drunk, but he should have a tollerence). unless you are talking about like 320z. beers, but that would be like $100, and in that casehe might have looked in his wallet and though he bought a ticket for the feild. or as you contend he would have been so drunk he actually thought he was alive in the period when fans watched a game from the feild.

That's twelve 16-oz. beers. That's 192 fl. oz. That's 3 gallons of beer.

voodoochile
04-20-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
That's twelve 16-oz. beers. That's 192 fl. oz. That's 3 gallons of beer.

Uh... No. Sorry, a gallon is 128 oz. It's still 1.5 gallons or 16 cans of beer, which is plenty, but probably not enough to make the average drunk go nuts and forget where they are or how to act.

In reality, it is more like 16 beers over 9 hours as there were almost 3 hours between the two games. I would bet he is understating his consumption though. I wouldn't be surprised if he and his friends spent the time between games at a bar (it only takes 1/2 hour to go from Wrigley to Soxpark by train).

I think he is just looking for an excuse. His Mom said in the newspaper shortly after he got arrested that he has a problem with alcohol. Different people view that expression in different ways, so what the story actually is who knows?

TornLabrum
04-20-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Uh... No. Sorry, a gallon is 128 oz. It's still 1.5 gallons or 16 cans of beer, which is plenty, but probably not enough to make the average drunk go nuts and forget where they are or how to act.

In reality, it is more like 16 beers over 9 hours as there were almost 3 hours between the two games. I would bet he is understating his consumption though. I wouldn't be surprised if he and his friends spent the time between games at a bar (it only takes 1/2 hour to go from Wrigley to Soxpark by train).

I think he is just looking for an excuse. His Mom said in the newspaper shortly after he got arrested that he has a problem with alcohol. Different people view that expression in different ways, so what the story actually is who knows?

Doh! 32 oz. in a quart. 4 quarts in a gallon. My bad. So it's "only" a gallon and a half of beer.

According to the story I heard, he went home before going to the Sox game. He could have gotten some beers out of the fridge then.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-21-2003, 12:10 AM
Here are the beers Dybas forgot to count in his recollection of last Tuesday's consumption.

6 beers for breakfast.
6 beers from "Packaged Goods" for ride to Urinal.
6 beers at Sluggers.
6 beers at Murphy's.
6 beers at Urinal during Flubs game. (Too expensive to drink more.)
6 beers at Murphy's.
6 beers at Slugger's.
6 beers from "Packaged Goods" for ride to the Cell.
6 beers in the parking lot.
6 beers in Bullpen Sports Bar.
6 beers at the Cell. (Again, too expensive.) *

* This typical day's worth of consumption interrupted by getting ass kicked in foul territory during Sox game.