PDA

View Full Version : Buehrle arm troubles?

balboner
04-20-2003, 03:40 PM
Watching today's poor performance, Buehrle seemed to be throwing about 6 mph less than what he normally does. I know he said he had a dead arm in spring training, might there be more to this than what we know?

voodoochile
04-20-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by balboner
Watching today's poor performance, Buehrle seemed to be throwing about 6 mph less than what he normally does. I know he said he had a dead arm in spring training, might there be more to this than what we know?

His pitch speed seemed about normal to me, but his placement was terrible. His sinker was up and everything was out over the plate. I wouldn't worry about one poor performance. He will bounce back.

Why everytime a Sox pitcher has a bad game does it immediately become an injury issue?

Jjav829
04-20-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Why everytime a Sox pitcher has a bad game does it immediately become an injury issue?

I think it's an after effect of the Nardi experience. :smile:

TornLabrum
04-20-2003, 07:32 PM
I was at a Kane Co. game today, but caught the top of the first today on the radio. Farmer noted that Buehrle's cutter hasn't been working and that he was getting the ball up today.

duke of dorwood
04-20-2003, 07:53 PM
His curve was fine-looked like a location and maybe release point thing. I'm sure he's fine-everyone gets tagged once in a while.

DrCrawdad
04-20-2003, 08:49 PM
Stewart and Beuhrle should not pitch back-to-back in the same series. They're too similar to each other. Stewart's start yesterday prepped the Indians for Beuhrle's start today.

doublem23
04-20-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by balboner

I don't know how accurate that FSN radar is anyways, I caught it a couple of times showing readings in the low-50s.

Sometimes pitchers just don't got their stuff.. Happens to the best of them. What's the old cliche? 10 starts, you're lights out, 10 starts, you're so/so, and another 10 it's a real struggle...

Given the way he's pitched in his previous starts, I'd say its nothing to worry about, but if he keeps it up, I'll be sleeping a little less easy.

Soxboyrob
04-20-2003, 10:51 PM

Because it's the Sox and the Sox are cursed. And because Sox fans are pessimists and we're Sox fans.

WinningUgly!
04-20-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
Because it's the Sox and the Sox are cursed. And because Sox fans are pessimists and we're Sox fans.

LOL! That about sums it up. :)

voodoochile
04-20-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob

Originally posted by WinningUgly!

LOL! That about sums it up. :)

Not for me... Don't believe in curses. Definitely not a pessimist. Definitely a Sox fan. Of course one of my "lucky numbers" is also 13...

:)

Huisj
04-20-2003, 11:54 PM
so he had a lousy start, and it still only makes his ERA 3.2 or whatever--which is better than his career ERA, which means he's pitched real well so far. one start guys.

MHOUSE
04-21-2003, 01:08 AM
Everyone has a bad outing now and then, even our Mark. He should be 3-1 but he's only 2-2. Big whup, he'll bounce back. I can understand the injury thoughts, Nardi has scared us all forever. Stewie/Buehrle might not be a good idea back to back. I have heard that a few times. We need a little more evidence though I think. Mark just looked bad. When he's off, he gives up homers.

TheBigHurt
04-21-2003, 01:09 AM
. Of course one of my "lucky numbers" is also 13...

:)

ME too my luck # is 13 :)

TheBigHurt
04-21-2003, 01:13 AM
DONT worry he'll have much more solid outings then bad :)

BE GOOD