PDA

View Full Version : What's the Score with North?


hose
04-20-2003, 09:13 AM
I need the help of a current listener of Mike North's radio show for a answer to this question:

Did North mention the Sox "Dog Day" promotion in any of weeks or days leading up to yesterdays game?

I recall from when I did listen to the Jiggs & North show that Mike was a dog advocate. Always talking about his dog Licorice and even having a bark for first time callers.

North would even have his wife on the show once a week and have a adopt-a-dog call in segment.

I don't know of a bigger White Sox fan/dog advocate with a 50,000 watt voice, so since I don't listen to him anymore I'll have to ask an avid Score listener.

CHISOXFAN13
04-20-2003, 01:49 PM
North a Sox fan?? You certainly could have fooled me. I hope Hawk Harrelson enjoys that steak dinner from the King Jag Bag himself.

duke of dorwood
04-20-2003, 02:08 PM
The score with North? He's a ZERO. Hey thats how many times I've had his show on this year.

TommyJohn
04-20-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
The score with North? He's a ZERO. Hey thats how many times I've had his show on this year.

:ass

Zero!!! Dahhhhhhhhh!!!!!! What a consequincidence!!!! Dat's
also my IQ!!! DAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Nellie_Fox
04-21-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
North a Sox fan?? You certainly could have fooled me. I hope Hawk Harrelson enjoys that steak dinner from the King Jag Bag himself. I happened to be in Chicago the afternoon that North bet Harrelson that the Sox wouldn't be over .500 after the first 22 games. The Sox were 0-3 at the time, and North declared the season over.

hose
04-21-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
I happened to be in Chicago the afternoon that North bet Harrelson that the Sox wouldn't be over .500 after the first 22 games. The Sox were 0-3 at the time, and North declared the season over.


I sure wish a current Score listener will answer my question about the Dog Day promotion, I would like to know.

A few years back when I did listen to Jiggs & North . Mike was on this Italian gangster kick. A tribute to the make-believe-Hollywood movie version of real life scumbags. The term "Rat " was used on anyone that didn't fit some mythical "Godfather" role.

Mike would expose all these so called rats. Then he has a guy named Fritzy that has a bit on his show go into detail about a married Sox player boozing it up in a strip club with woman all over him, throwing money around.
Giving an eye witness account.

Who's the real rat?

Kilroy
04-21-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by hose
I sure wish a current Score listener will answer my question about the Dog Day promotion, I would like to know.

You're barking up the wrong tree, pal. Most Sox fans around here don't listen to North. There might be an occasional flip there during his show when all other options are doing commercials. But for the most part, since North is a loud-mouthed, two-faced, blow-bag, who claims to be a Sox fan, but like almost every other media outlet, only has negative things to say about the Sox, while at the same time having his toungue planted on the scrotum of all things Cubbie, we don't listen to the asswipe.

However, Viva Magglio may be one who could answer...

hose
04-21-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
You're barking up the wrong tree, pal. Most Sox fans around here don't listen to North. There might be an occasional flip there during his show when all other options are doing commercials. But for the most part, since North is a loud-mouthed, two-faced, blow-bag, who claims to be a Sox fan, but like almost every other media outlet, only has negative things to say about the Sox, while at the same time having his toungue planted on the scrotum of all things Cubbie, we don't listen to the asswipe.

However, Viva Magglio may be one who could answer...


Can I get a witness ? hahaha

I'll try asking Viva .

harwar
04-21-2003, 05:32 PM
The only one that i can stand to listen to is J-Hood.He does a White Sox post game show and is a Sox fan.I used to really like Julie Swieca as she said she is a Sox fan but lately all i hear from her and her callers is cubs this and cubs that,yada-yada-yada...

whitesoxwilkes
04-21-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by hose
Can I get a witness ? hahaha

I'll try asking Viva .

Viva is in FL all week.