PDA

View Full Version : Colon is a stud.

MikeKreevich
04-19-2003, 07:00 AM
Don't you just love it that Colon finishes the game and is throwing just as hard in the ninth inning as at any point in the game. The whole team can gain confidence from last nights performance.

TheBigHurt
04-19-2003, 11:58 AM
YES which is something we need confidence and a boost of intensity :)

BE GOOD

cheeses_h_rice
04-19-2003, 01:43 PM
I must say, watching Colon blowing by all sorts of wickedly moving, FAST pitches those last few innings, I was thinking "Man, I'm glad he's on our team this year."

Sox are 10-6 despite not hitting well, for the most part (or at least those you'd expect to be doing so). I'm encouraged.

pearso66
04-19-2003, 01:45 PM
From the MLB gamecast that I was watching, it said that Colon's total pitch count was 102, can anyone say if that's wrong or not? If it is indeed correct, thats amazing to only pitch 102 pitches in 9 innings. And if he continues to do that then I see him finishing a lot of games

guillen4life13
04-19-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by pearso66
From the MLB gamecast that I was watching, it said that Colon's total pitch count was 102, can anyone say if that's wrong or not? If it is indeed correct, thats amazing to only pitch 102 pitches in 9 innings. And if he continues to do that then I see him finishing a lot of games

That is not wrong my friend. He had a pitch count of 102, no joke. Makes you all warm inside doesn't it?

jeremyb1
04-19-2003, 04:59 PM
colon's been better than i thought he would. i had some concerns about his work load and what not. i thought he'd be more like 15 wins and an era in the high threes as opposed to last year but he looks a lot better than that so far.

OEO Magglio
04-19-2003, 06:48 PM
The one thing about Colon it still seems like he hasn't had his great stuff in a game this year, yet he's still having very good games, I can't wait until he gets locked in.

Whitesox029
04-19-2003, 08:39 PM
The whole team can gain confidence from last nights performance.

Today's performance certainly verifies that. Both the offense and the pitching apparently gained confidence, especially Stewart. I think there is something to be said for having a young guy like Stewart immediately following a stud like Colon in the rotation because he's charting pitches and he's really paying attention to the nuances in the way Colon throws and learning from watching.