PDA

View Full Version : The Fawning is Sickening

Viva Magglio
04-18-2003, 10:55 PM
Here we go again. The media is priming itself to fawn all over the Cubs' 11-6 start, mostly based upon the Cubs' triumphs over those dynasties from Cincinnati and Pittsburgh. Meanwhile, we have put together a 10-6 record against an overall tougher schedule IMO despite six games against Detroit. What gives here?

:moron
What are you talking about, Viva? The Cubs are baseball's master race and the White Sux are pond scum.

baggio202
04-18-2003, 10:59 PM
what do you mean what gives???...you sound like you are surprised...

Viva Magglio
04-18-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
what do you mean what gives???...you sound like you are surprised...

No, I'm just frustrated that it continues to go on. But you are right, nobody should be surprised.

Tragg
04-18-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Meanwhile, we have put together a 10-6 record against an overall tougher schedule IMO despite six games against Detroit. What gives here?

The fawning is nauseating - but let's be fair. We haven't played a real baseball team either (maybe KC is good - we'll see; but the tigers and indians are decidedly bad).

WinningUgly!
04-18-2003, 11:34 PM
Here we go again. The media is priming itself to fawn all over the Cubs' 11-6 start, mostly based upon the Cubs' triumphs over those dynasties from Cincinnati and Pittsburgh. Meanwhile, we have put together a 10-6 record against an overall tougher schedule IMO despite six games against Detroit. What gives here?

What are you talking about, Viva? The Cubs are baseball's master race and the White Sux are pond scum.

Don't worry about it ˇViva, it's April. Isn't it like this every year? Later in the year, when the Sox are in the playoff hunt & the sCrUBS are settling into 4th or 5th place, all will be right in the world again. :D:

Soxboyrob
04-18-2003, 11:51 PM
The fawning is well deserved up to now. The Cubs are playing great. If it continues if/when they stop playing great, then we should be concerned.

Can't we just be happy that WE'RE doing well?

CHISOXFAN13
04-18-2003, 11:57 PM
I agree Rob. Not sure if you guys noticed but the Sox are the lead story on chicagosports.com. I'm not thrilled with the Cubs start, but I do know when to give credit when it is due. They are playing good ball. I really don't guve a hoot how they do as long as we keep winning.

Dan H
04-19-2003, 07:50 AM
Sox fans better face up to it. The Cubs have the potential to have a great year. The NL is weak, and the Cubs have great pitching. That is a dangerous combination. But then again we are talking about the Cubs here.

Let's just hope the Sox keep winning. I couldn't put up with a season domintated by Cub hysteria. It's bad enough when they're losing. And the Sox still have to prove they can beat someone else besides Detroit. Everybody beats them.

LuvSox
04-19-2003, 08:14 AM
Give it up
Give it to me
Give me the carcass of Ernie Banks
I want to keep it in a 50 gallon tank
I'll write you a check and leave it blank

Give it up
Give it to me
I don't care how bad it stanks
Aint no joke, aint no prank

There are those who say the man is still alive
I don't listen to all that jive

Give it up
Give it to me
I don't care how bad it shrank
I will bow and give you thanks

Ken Johnson & Jim Tofte

soxnut
04-19-2003, 08:49 AM
I'm not suprised about this either, and the Cubs are playing good ball, you can't argue, and they do have good pitching.

Of course what does frustrate me is BBTN, when the other night they were talking about the 1-2 best starting pitching combos-mentioning the D-backs, Cubs, Astros and A's----of course forgetting you-know-who :angry: :(: :whiner:

gosox41
04-19-2003, 04:16 PM

The medis is dumb enough to beleive Mark G and Alez Gonzalez are going to hit over .350.

I turned on the sScore earlier today and should have kept count the number of times I heard "The Cubs first 6 hitters are all hitting over .300"

Let's see how long that lasts.

Bob

TornLabrum
04-19-2003, 04:19 PM

Now that the Sox are up to 11-6, the media should give the Sox the same treatment they've gave the Cubs when they were at the same level. Let's see if they do. (I'm not betting the farm that they will.)

DrCrawdad
04-19-2003, 04:51 PM
Next time you hear a Cub fan say that the Sox haven't played anyone decent, remind them who the Cubs have played.

Mets 11 under .500
Reds 6 under .500
Montreal 4 over .500
Pitts 3 under .500

So as you can see the Cubs have beat up the dregs of the NL, with the exception of the Expos.

Next the Cubs play,

San Diego 30 under .500
Colorado 4 under .500
Then to end April they finally play a good team, the Giants.

Vsahajpal
04-19-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Next time you hear a Cub fan say that the Sox haven't played anyone decent, remind them who the Cubs have played.

Mets 11 under .500
Reds 6 under .500
Montreal 4 over .500
Pitts 3 under .500

So as you can see the Cubs have beat up the dregs of the NL, with the exception of the Expos.

Next the Cubs play,

San Diego 30 under .500
Colorado 4 under .500
Then to end April they finally play a good team, the Giants.

Dregs of the NL? The Cubs, Padres, and Brewers made up the dregs of the NL.

That's a combined 46 under .500 (Mets, Reds, Bucs, Padres, 'Spos) if my math is correct.

The Tigers alone were 51 games under .500, the Royals were 38 games under .500, Cleveland was 14 games under .500, and the Orioles were 28 games under .500.

Actually, I don't know why I'm arguing this, there's no point. It's good to see both teams winning whomever they play.

DrCrawdad
04-19-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Dregs of the NL? The Cubs, Padres, and Brewers made up the dregs of the NL.

That's a combined 46 under .500 (Mets, Reds, Bucs, Padres, 'Spos) if my math is correct.

The Tigers alone were 51 games under .500, the Royals were 38 games under .500, Cleveland was 14 games under .500, and the Orioles were 28 games under .500.

Actually, I don't know why I'm arguing this, there's no point. It's good to see both teams winning whomever they play.

You'd have a point, if someone had said that the Sox schedule was difficult.

The Reds, Pirates, Mets and Padres were and are not good teams. All were under .500. It's not exactly a tough schedule.