PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Big Frank

Saracen
04-18-2003, 10:41 PM
Cheers to Big Frank, who now has 1303 career walks, passing Luke Appling for the franchise record.

:gulp:

voodoochile
04-18-2003, 10:49 PM
one more record for the big guy. Well done Frank...

StepsInSC
04-18-2003, 10:52 PM
He's on pace for 173 walks! Now if he could only raise that killer .217 AVG a bit...

TimChamp
04-18-2003, 11:00 PM
Today's game is even more of an amazing feat...Frank goes 0 for 2 and he STILL gets 3 Total Bases...that is just crazy...

Champ out...

MHOUSE
04-18-2003, 11:20 PM
He has reached base in every one of his starts so far. Even with the .217 average, he's still contributing with the walks. The hitting will come I think. Woo Hoo he's back!

T Dog
04-19-2003, 12:24 AM
I'm sure that before long Frank Thomas will start hitting pitchers harder than they are hitting him.

Nellie_Fox
04-19-2003, 12:57 AM
Just look at his OBP. They won't pitch to him, so he's taking the walks. Once Maggs and Paulie get going like they can, they'll have to pitch to Frank, and his BA will come up.

fuzzy_patters
04-19-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Just look at his OBP. They won't pitch to him, so he's taking the walks. Once Maggs and Paulie get going like they can, they'll have to pitch to Frank, and his BA will come up.

It's about time somebody figured that out. When Frank starts getting pitches to hit, he will hit them. Until then, Frank will continue to draw a lot of walks.

TheBigHurt
04-19-2003, 11:48 AM
THIS almost make me :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: in joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

doublem23
04-19-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
He's on pace for 173 walks! Now if he could only raise that killer .217 AVG a bit...

I don't care what he's batting, a .449 OBP is fine with me.

Bisco Stu
04-19-2003, 09:52 PM
I respectfully disagree. We need Frank with a higher average. More doubles and HR's mean more RBI's.

TheBigHurt
04-20-2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
I respectfully disagree. We need Frank with a higher average. More doubles and HR's mean more RBI's.

I cant decide who i aggre with more Bisco or doublem........ :) ......

BE GOOD

TheBigHurt
04-20-2003, 02:24 AM
HOWS 235 for ya???????

Nellie_Fox
04-20-2003, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
I respectfully disagree. We need Frank with a higher average. More doubles and HR's mean more RBI's. So what do you want him to do, go back to swinging at bad pitches to try to make things happen? Sorry, I'll take the disciplined Frank any day. Maggs is hitting now. If Paulie gets going, they won't be able to try to pitch around Frank, and the numbers will climb.

voodoochile
04-20-2003, 11:19 AM
It's a mixed bag. Frank's OBP is very impressive and he needs to continue to take his walks, but in the end the Sox do need him to hit for power if he is going to bat 3rd If not, he should be moved up to second in the lineup and Valentin should be dropped to 5th or 6th with Maggs, Paulie and/or Carlos moving up a slot.

But, I really prefer things get left alone. Jimemez and Jose have been the two best hitters on the team so far and I don't want to start moving them around...

WinningUgly!
04-20-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

But, I really prefer things get left alone. Jimemez and Jose have been the two best hitters on the team so far and I don't want to start moving them around...

I agree with not shuffling DJ & JV at all. If Frank doesn't start putting up power numbers(which he will :smile: ) I'd slide Maggs into the 3 hole, Lee at 4, Konerko 5, Frankk 6, etc. I think Carlos would be a monster hitting cleanup. Just my little tinkering itch :D:

Making the lineup...

Jimenez
Valentin
Ordonez
Lee
Konerko
Thomas
Crede
Rowand
Alomar/Olivo

TheBigHurt
04-20-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Jimenez
Valentin
Ordonez
Lee
Konerko
Thomas
Crede
Rowand
Alomar/Olivo

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

Jjav829
04-20-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
So what do you want him to do, go back to swinging at bad pitches to try to make things happen? Sorry, I'll take the disciplined Frank any day. Maggs is hitting now. If Paulie gets going, they won't be able to try to pitch around Frank, and the numbers will climb.

What makes you think they are pitching around Frank? If I'm a pitcher, I am more worried about Maggs even when hes not hitting than Frank. I would pitch to Frank until he proves that he can hit me. I wouldn't give him a free pass and let Maggs beat me.

Ol Aches & Pains
04-20-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Saracen
Cheers to Big Frank, who now has 1303 career walks, passing Luke Appling for the franchise record.

:gulp:

My man Luke Appling still holds one franchise record: 2422 games played for the Sox. And not one in the postseason. And on the North Side, Ernie Banks played in over 2500 games for the Cubs, not one in the postseason. What a long and glorious history of futility we have in Chicago baseball!