PDA

View Full Version : I bet a lot of you missed this...

Kilroy
04-18-2003, 11:10 AM
because it wasn't in the Cubune sports, it was in the Tempo section. Check it out. (http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/printedition/chi-0304180041apr18,1,5188867.story?coll=chi%2Dprintte mpo%2Dhed)

This has really pissed me off. When Cub fans attacked Dodger players, the Cubune lessened the coverage and the bad press. But as usual, they go out of their way to print bad things about the Sox. Sure the promo ideas can be seen as obvious jokes, but saying the Sox could "retool this season's promotions so that they appeal to the true nature of their fans" is just a disgusting example of how they play favorites.

Further, they took the head of the drillrod, bloody bandages and all, and mocked up a bobble-head in a White Sox uniform, w/ a placard that says "IDIOT". Strangely enuf, I didn't see those pictures of the other two amoeba-brains in their Cubbie Blue in the paper yesterday.

They are so gutless, they didn't even take credit for their work by putting their name(s) with their slander so they could get feedback, which I'm sure some of you will be interested in providing, as am I.

Foulke You
04-18-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
because it wasn't in the Cubune sports, it was in the Tempo section. Check it out. (http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/printedition/chi-0304180041apr18,1,5188867.story?coll=chi%2Dprintte mpo%2Dhed)

This has really pissed me off. When Cub fans attacked Dodger players, the Cubune lessened the coverage and the bad press. But as usual, they go out of their way to print bad things about the Sox. Sure the promo ideas can be seen as obvious jokes, but saying the Sox could "retool this season's promotions so that they appeal to the true nature of their fans" is just a disgusting example of how they play favorites.

Further, they took the head of the drillrod, bloody bandages and all, and mocked up a bobble-head in a White Sox uniform, w/ a placard that says "IDIOT". Strangely enuf, I didn't see those pictures of the other two amoeba-brains in their Cubbie Blue in the paper yesterday.

They are so gutless, they didn't even take credit for their work by putting their name(s) with their slander so they could get feedback, which I'm sure some of you will be interested in providing, as am I.

That whole list was just downright shameless. :angry: "Alsip night"? Is the Tribune aware that they just insulted the residents of an entire city that probably has subscribers to their newspaper? Morons! Any opening to take a backhanded slap at the Sox! Let me know if and where you send feedback Kilroy. Maybe we can find out who the editor for the Tempo section is. I'll send them some angry Sox fan hate mail. :angry:

alohafri
04-18-2003, 12:31 PM
(From Mrs. Aloha)

I too saw that disgusting article in the Tempo. Where does the Cubune get off insulting the White Sox and their fans this way? Especially putting the head of the idiot scrub fan on a Sox bobblehead! I think a letter-writing campaign to the cubune is in order. I'll try and work up something and post it at WSI. Or perhaps one of the esteemed writers on this site could come up with a good letter. Then everyone can cut and paste it into a word-processing program and mail it to the cubune. This kind of slander should not be tolerated in this city.
DISGUSTING!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hangar18
04-18-2003, 12:34 PM
Ive really just about had it with this Al Jazeera-esque Information being handed out by the media to the the Sox Fan Public. All Propoganda, All Cub-Fluff, All Lies.

whitesoxwilkes
04-18-2003, 12:36 PM
WSI: your source for fair and balanced coverage of the White Sox.

"Caution, you're about to enter a no-spin zone."

alohafri
04-18-2003, 12:51 PM
To the Cubune---

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

I am a long-time White Sox fan and am deeply offended by the "Promotions" article at the bottom of the front page of the
Tempo section (April 17, 2003).

Are these insults supposed to be funny? Or is this just another vicious attempt by the Tribune to chastise, insult and vilify
the White Sox and their fans? I find it utterly disgusting that you would superimpose the face of the accused offender on a
White Sox bobblehead doll. The accused offender just happens to be a CUBS fan, or did that little bit of information slip
through the cracks in the head(s) of the writer(s) of this article?

You have reduced your newspaper to nothing more than a rag even worse than slime publications like the National
Enquirer. I wouldn't even use your paper to line a bird cage. I wouldn't want a bird to be infected with the vile trash your
writers and editors deem fit to print.
-----------------------------------------------------

anybody care to embellish and/or add to this?

--from Mrs. Aloha

DustyIsOverated1
04-18-2003, 12:58 PM
oh my god is that COMPLETELY unfair. You know, the trib is a big newspaper known around the nation, for them to write such a immature, slanderous article really burns my f***ing ass. God, I really wish that daley or riensdorf would challenge this, talk about hurting the ball club, our attendence will be no more than 10,000 on nights with no "big-name" teams in town. Let me know what I can do, this is really upseting.

doublem23
04-18-2003, 01:29 PM
Truck the Fibune.

trimbo
04-18-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by DustyIsOverated1
oh my god is that COMPLETELY unfair. You know, the trib is a big newspaper known around the nation

I've lived on both coasts of this nation, and nobody reads the Tribune except for people in or from Chicagoland/NW-Indiana/Central Illinois. The Chicagoland ex-patriates I know who read it on the web only do so to keep up with the Bears or the Cubs. Beyond that, that paper is best used for keeping around oily rags and paint thinner in the garage.

But since Cubune is able to dispense Cubs propaganda to unsuspecting people nationwide via WGN, can someone report whether trash stories like this are appearing on WGN? I'm in California without a dish. Thanks.

kevingrt
04-18-2003, 02:27 PM
Just read it today and it is completely stupid. It shows how biased this drillrods are and how they know nothing. They are just bringing down not only the WhiteSox but the whole city of Chicago. It's saying this city is filled with scumbags!

The Cubune is an idiot newspaper and I dont understand that article at all!

alohafri
04-18-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
I'll send them some angry Sox fan hate mail. :angry:

The real Aloha here. I just sent some hate mail the Tribune's way. I wonder if they have the kahones to print it.

RKMeibalane
04-18-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
The real Aloha here. I just sent some hate mail the Tribune's way. I wonder if they have the kahones to print it.

I doubt it. If there's one thing I've learned about the Tribune, it's that they won't publish anything that portrays the Sox in a positive light. I wish I had access to a Star Destroyer. I'd lay waste to the Tribune's headquarters.

koch44
04-19-2003, 12:48 AM
:pee :morrisey

FanOf14
04-19-2003, 09:56 AM
Where can I send a letter? I didn't even bother reading their ill-advised attempt at humor, but the "alsip night" thing offends the hell out of me being that I live on the Chicago side of the Chicago-Alsip border and many of mine and my bf's friends live in Alsip and are good people. I am so sick of the north side making the south side out to be nothing but rednecks and criminals. I've been here my whole life and I don't drink and I am an engineer so there goes the theory the Cubune would like you to believe. Also, my grandparents were sox fans who were born and lived their entire lives on the southside. With my gramma's passing away yesterday, this crap the Cubune is spewing feels like a bigger slap in the face. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Banix12
04-19-2003, 08:57 PM
Yeah, i saw that and i felt like sending in one of those reader articles (though i decided it would be futile to write is since i doubt something dissing the trib would get in). Sometimes i just get the feeling that they want to draw a line down the middle of chicago like in a sitcom and tell the southside to stay on our side. If these writers hate chicago so much that they have to make fun of areas like alsip they should just move to new york. I like how the media always talks about the attendance problem but it seems the papers like the trib are solely based upon the concept of making us ashamed of our team and keeping people away.