PDA

View Full Version : Feature story on WSI

MHOUSE
04-17-2003, 11:54 PM
We should come together as a group here and write a feature story or letter to the editor or something about this website and about how we're a great group/community of sox fans who don't run on the field and who actually know and love/respect the game and can discuss life and the sox freely on the net. I think with good writing and a complete job that it's one helluva story. The tough part would be getting someone to publish it. Anyone know anyone in the newspaper biz or have a background in writing? This is just a thought I had being interested in sports journalism.....

Daver
04-17-2003, 11:57 PM
Well you could sign the petition posted on this board and let the the people that are already working on getting it published do their part.

MHOUSE
04-17-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by daver
Well you could sign the petition posted on this board and let the the people that are already working on getting it published do their part.

Oh ok. I guess I wasn't as genius as I thought. LoL. I hope it works out guys. That would be really cool.

Daver
04-18-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Oh ok. I guess I wasn't as genius as I thought. LoL. I hope it works out guys. That would be really cool.

Beleive it or not we have some people with contacts to the news media as well as the Radio media posting here.

MHOUSE
04-18-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by daver
Beleive it or not we have some people with contacts to the news media as well as the Radio media posting here.

well aside from a petition i was thinking of having a reporter interview PHG who created the site (right?) and the admins and regular posters and just tell about how great a site is in general and especially for fans of a particular team. I don't know if every team has a site like this or anything but it would be relavent to the city of chicago and the sox.

Daver
04-18-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
well aside from a petition i was thinking of having a reporter interview PHG who created the site (right?) and the admins and regular posters and just tell about how great a site is in general and especially for fans of a particular team. I don't know if every team has a site like this or anything but it would be relavent to the city of chicago and the sox.

I would suggest you E-mail your idea to the local media and see if they bite.

You can find links to most of them in the links section on the main page.

And PHG has been interveiwed in the past,on WTTW and WMVP.

:)

Lip Man 1
04-18-2003, 09:46 AM
I never knew that about George! Good for him and the site and of course it's been mentioned a half dozen times in Rapoport's and Rogers columns and stories. (Look for something appearing Sunday in the Daily Southtown's "collectibles column" by the way!)

Lip